Spring Or Fall Black Bear Hunt 2x Bears Included

JamesJ

AH elite
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
I have a great outfitter based in New Brunswick Canada and my good friend Steve Scott just got back from a fantastic hunt for black bear. The outfitters area is huge, encompassing hundreds of square miles of bush. The hunt is based from a very nice bed and breakfast, meals and lodging are included as well as the trophy fee for two bears. The area has a very healthy population of big bears, while they do not get as tall as the BC bears they tend to be thicker and heavier. These hunts are a mix of semi-guided stand hunting over baits as well as 1x1 spot and stalk hunting. The outfitter specializes in bow hunters but can and will accommodate rifle hunters as well. After your hunt you can enjoy afternoon f.

The outfitter runs a very family oriented operation with his wife and kids involved. They do not drink at the lodge, there is a pub nearby if you would like to have a drink.

The 5 day, 5 night hunt is $2,950 and includes trophy fees for two bears and one coyote, pick up and return from either Saint John or Fredericson airport, meals, lodging, guiding, trophy prep. Bear licenses are$185 each.

Steve with his 300 lb. Spring bear.
watermark.php

watermark.php

Attachments

• SS BB 2015.jpg
    SS BB 2015.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 255
  • NB lodge.jpg
    NB lodge.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 272
Last edited by a moderator:
Just a old dream for me !

Fall is it a good period for black bear hunt ? Because I always heard the best is during spring.

I have heard it both ways. Bears are hungry coming out of their winter dens and feeding. I have also heard they are preparing to hibernate and feeding to get ready. The coats are in better shape during the spring, but bear are heavier in the fall.

James this does look interesting. What are the time slots available?

James,

Will this deal be just for this fall, or would fall 2016 be available as well?

Jody, great bear! If I'm not mistaken the largest bear ever taken in Canada came from NB.

Royal27, I think we can sneak this one past the wife. Im sure he would hold the price for 2016 with a repair.

ActionBob, I don't have the fall dates in from of me, so I'm not sure of exact dates. But I do know he has quite a few openings and I'm sure we can make it work. Spring dates are wide open right now.

NB does have a great bear population thats for sure, as for what is better spring or fall, the same bear can pack on 30%+ of its weight over the summer, i prefer fall bears for eating over spring, just more work involved

Any color phase bears? That is what I want next.

Dobber, is right on, steves 300# bear would have been pushing 400 by the fall.

divernhunter, NB does have color phase bears, but the percentages are small. If a color bear is a priority, i would consider BC for a bear.

Any info on success rates for 1 bear, 2 bear, and average size of bear shot?

James I have a few more questions, comments and clarifications;
As asked above, what are success rates and if two bears are not taken, is there a refund on the second trophy fee?

What are date ranges for both spring and fall? How early and how late in the fall and maybe you can add a few comments on best times and why.

Are bears the only thing there in good numbers or is there a chance to combine deer or moose?

After your hunt you can enjoy afternoon f
James did the letter tank run dry on your keyboard were you leaving that open to interpretation on purpose? Do you mean f... ishing (and for what, bank or boat)? Or are you suggesting bringing the wife or SO along for the afternoons? Just how nice are the rooms? ;)

while they do not get as tall as the BC bears they tend to be thicker and heavier.
James a few of us should look in the mirror before we judge those bears to harshly! :A Naughty:

James a few of us should look in the mirror before we judge those bears to harshly! :A Naughty:

I agree! The shorter bears make me feel better....

Thank you for the info on color phase bears

You guys are killing me..... The F was for FISHING, LOL. The FISHING, is a mix of boat and bank as well some offshore stuff at the mouth of the st. john river, trout, small mouth , striper, mackerel, flounder.

Average success rate on 1 bear is 100% on opportunity and 65% kill rate. This is the first year for the two bears in his areas and this spring he has been 100% for guys that wanted a second bear. there is no refund if a second bear is not taken. Average bear is 5.5 foot and 200 lbs. but they take some big ones every year

2015 fall dates are first week of September through last week of October.
September hunts tend to be more consistent, animals have been left alone and they are easier to pattern on the baits.

2016 spring dates are 18th of April - June 25
Early May is good as bears are out and hungry. The first couple weeks of June are prime as that is when the rut is on.

He has deer and moose as well, but moose tags are a lottery draw only at this point and very limited. The deer hunts are $2,950, if you wanted to do a combo we can add a deer on for $2,000

ActionBob, here is what he said on the deer hunt if you choose to do a combo hunt.

He said you can do it as a full combo hunt it will be a 7 day hunt, 2 bears and a whitetail for $4,950. licenses are $185 each for bear and $225 for the WT. They have a good population of deer up there and success rate is very good.
Or
You can buy a tag and if opportunity presents itself take the deer and pay a $2,000 TF, no extra days this route but you are only risking the cost of the license.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thanpan

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia