Spear hunting africa

Willem,

Do you have another story to tell? Or better yet video? Your last video was classic!;)

Wheels, my work is currently keeping me away from the bush and hunting ,and the new story is mainly focused on the new and inexperienced hunters whom are still in awe of my hunting superpowers ,(lol) but I,m afraid the salted hunters of this forum would found it maybe a bit boring...

Wheels, my work is currently keeping me away from the bush and hunting ,and the new story is mainly focused on the new and inexperienced hunters whom are still in awe of my hunting superpowers ,(lol) but I,m afraid the salted hunters of this forum would found it maybe a bit boring...

Have a Merry Christmas in the desert.

Hope you get back south to some good hunting soon!(y)

Your spear hunting exploits make you a legend in my mind my friend.

It makes bow hunting look easy.

Have a merry Christmas.

Cape Buffalo by spear !!
Well done Sir !
download (1).jpg

Masai spear hunting lion
war1.jpg

San spear hunting a tired Oryx
I-boscimani-faranno-causa-al-governo-del-Botswana.jpg

Speared Warthog

ride-the-spear-done-310x396.jpg

54417747_2771133272904303_4411312398065991680_n.jpg
55441106_2771133262904304_2609483762383192064_n.jpg

Spear hunting Sable

Spear hunting Eland

Need some advice,

Does any South African Outfitter, PH, or person in the know have the latest hunting legislation specifically pertaining Spear hunting in South Africa?

I know their are opposing personal opinions on the topic, but any legislation in writing?

I was asked to write an article about ethical spear hunting for a South African hunting magazine, and my research still show no specific mentioning in any hunting organization, nature conservation or the law about spear hunting .[apart from illegal poaching/bush meat]

I also came across different categories of game hunting like
1] Protected game, [and trophy]
2]Hunting game [biltong] and
3]destructive/varmint [eg hogs]

--each with its own sub legislation hunted in

a]protected areas [hunting concessions etc] and
b] hunting with the permission of the farmer/owner.

There are minimum specification for rifle calibers and bow draw weight/arrow weight for each species, but nothing on spears.

[Or blowgun and air rifle hunting for that matter-two other hunting tools that are gaining popularity--medium and big game has already been hunted with those also in South Africa

Your input would be highly appreciated.
Thanks

ps. the animals in the vidios above has been ( legally) spear hunted in South Africa.

85005963_1000855056943986_8778716714104782848_n.jpg

A day in the life of a solo spear hunter playing the waiting game near a kraal this time...
Its an easy broadside shot with my Bow or Revolver if I wanted to (+ _ 35 m) , but no......
Not a chance here with my Cold Steel Boar Spear at that unexpected nice warthog boar that day..
( He is feeding at the "wrong" place there..)
All you can do in this situation is just to apply tons of patience while you calmly observe and learn, while firmly believing your day /opportunity will come eventually..
As always, its the hunt and not the kill that matters most!
8 hours of waiting in ambush with my spear, and nothing to show for it except a photo and good life-long memories.
Aah well, next time....
87602835_1024556564573835_6572218226887884800_o.jpg

Watch and wait ..... It's the hardest thing you ever do hunting.
Keep at it.:P Elmer Fudd:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MckinleyEv

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?