Spam is getting Annoying!

I mean, I know I was personally considering getting some abortion pills....then I realized I'm a dude.
All the more reason to keep them in your bedside drawer

Could there maybe be a feature if a member was reported say 3 times in a certain time period their posts were automatically hidden pending review by moderator? Or a limit to the number of threads per hour a new member can start? It’s getting out of hand.

Report them when you see them. There is a spot on the post in the lower left hand corner that says Report, just click on it.

If there are a bunch of post just hover over their user name and click Ignore then refresh your page and they'll be gone.

I mean, I know I was personally considering getting some abortion pills....then I realized I'm a dude.
But according to the woke Democrats, dudes can get pregnant. Just ask Tampon Tim!

The problem is that it’s a different poster/ new member every time. I’ve started reporting them and hitting the ignore button.
They do seem to have specific hours for posting. Makes me wonder if they are bots.

@sgt_zim - any ideas, or is this just how it is with this stuff?

20170613145034Click-1.jpg

I know nothing about the backend of a site like this, but would it be possible to deputize some assistant mods??

These mods would basically nuke the obvious spam threads.

I realize it may be a little more complicated than that.

Thanks for the thoughts guys.
There are spam shops around the world
They literally come from many countries and VPN's help them bounce all over anyway.
None of us stare at the AH screen 24/7 and we get on it as soon as possible.

report and ignore is your quickest way to not have to look at it until we catch up.

They literally come from many countries and VPN's help them bounce all over anyway.

report and ignore is your quickest way to not have to look at it until we catch up.

How does one do that on an iPad? All I can do is ignore but that does not remove the post from my screen. I do not see a place to report from an iPad.

HH

How does one do that on an iPad? All I can do is ignore but that does not remove the post from my screen. I do not see a place to report from an iPad.

HH
After you hit the ignore just refresh the page and they should be gone.

I'm a mod on another outdoor forum and just about every day we take care of around 30 spam post that make it through and actually are able to post.

I notice most start around 10pm/(2200hrs) and 11pm/ (2300hrs). Then I've encountered a few start as early as 9pm/(2100hrs) especially on weekends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayfordEny

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia