SOUTH AFRICA: Wonderful Eastern Cape, A Real Wild & Free Range Hunt With KMG Hunting Safaris

Day 6​

The alarm clock woke up me at 4:15 AM. My dad remained at the main lodge. After a quick breakfast, we departed to the springbok destination. Almost 90 minutes later we got at our destination and we went straight to the mountains wherethree days ago we found those two big springboks. At that altitude early morning was very cold: just 2 degredes plus a strong wind. I put the skullpap but I didn’t bring gloves, so my hands suffered enough. There were black wildebeests, bontebok, mountain reedbucks and a little group of springboks but no one of the two big rams. Like for mountain reedbuck, we took advantage by the fact that was cold and so the animals in general were less active. Perhaps the two big springboks were in a gorge in order to shelter more themselves from cold and wind. We parked the pick-up on the top where there was a tree-lined area and we began a stalk hunt. In the gorge we found other springboks and the PH and the trackers spotted the ram with the higher trophy, the first one we spotted the first time here. The ram was so big in body compared to the other males of the herd that even with the naked eye we could appreciate the difference in size. The cold wind was good and we found a proper position for lying down. There was a group of stones with one very flat. We walked on four limbs for tens meters in order to be not spotted by the springboks. Arrived to the stones I opened the bipod and I started to aim the beautiful ram. It was the second one from below. The springboks were 220 meters from us on the other mountain facade. The big springbok started to move in the herd and I followed him with the scope. Like for barbary sheep I never stopped to follow him, but the PH, who was looking with the spotting scope, lost him for a while. I saw that the nice springbok was now higher than before and turning left broadside. It began to lick itself and I told this fact to the PH. He confirmed to me that it was the right one. As soon as the gazelle stopped licking and turning his head on the left, I squeezed the trigger. Finally this time the coveted trophy fell straight down and the cursed was broken. The trophy was stupendous with also thick bases, an outstanding springbok without doubts. Unbelievable how the hunt can turn positive or negative in a short time.

We finished the hunt very early in the morning and when we returned to the main lodge we picked-up my dad. We moved immediately to a close area: the manager called the PH during the way back saying he spotted a common reedbuck male which had lain down in a field with high grass. The hunting strategy would be that we moved together on this field at a certain distance between us (with my dad, hanging the rifle, close to PH carrying the stick) trying to get the common reedbuck up. Usually after a short run this antelope stops to look the threat for few seconds: in this time the PH must look if it’s a mature male and if it is he opens the stick and my dad shoot very quickly. Not easy at all. During the walk, the tracker made the common reedbuck get up. The antelope ran and stopped after several meters. The PH told it was a good male. When my dad put the rifle on the stick, the common reedbuck fled again until he disappeared in a woodland. There was no way of tracking him down. We returned to the main lodge for lunch and in the afternoon we moved in the area where we met the reedbucks after sunset on the 4th day of the safari.

We stopped the jeep on a corner of the big field and we started to walk on our right. The wind picked up significantly. In this field the grass was a little lower compared to the previous field. During the walk we moved four reedbucks, but they were 3 females and a young male. We were on the way back to the pick-up, bordering the side of the field that we would have traveled if we had gone straight to the beginning, when suddenly the tracker, who was on the back of the line, whistled to us when we were at almost 60-70 meters from the jeep. He pointed something in front of us slightly on our left. We walked back to him and we followed the direction of his finger. There were two common reedbuck males lying down. We could see their heads and horns. If it weren’t for the tracker we would have passed them by making them run away. We were also lucky for two reasons: first for the beginning direction we undertook and second for the strong and good wind which drowned out the sound of our footsteps on the vegetation of the field. We were just 20-30 meters from the two common reedbucks. The one on the right was without doubts not mature, instead the other male looked like a right one to be shot judjing the lenght and the curl frontward of the horns. My dad was ready for a neck shot being so close. But the problem was that he was facing in the opposite direction of us and the PH had to confirm 100% that common reedbuck was mature observing him frontal or broadside: like the male facing right, if the male presents white horn segments from the bases it means the horns are still growing instead if they are black is mature. We had no other choice to move inside the field in order to see the horns broadside. From that position we had higher grass, so my dad with the PH arrived just 5-10 meters from them. At this point they sensed the human presence so close and ran away. Now the PH with the binocular saw it was a nice mature male. The two common reedbuck disappeared from our sight over a little hill. The PH told us to wait some minutes in order to calm them down. We saw them in a other field standing up. They were at almost 250 meters. My dad lay down and shot. The bullet passed over his back. The common reedbuck remained still for some seconds and then he moved on the right returning towards the previous field where there was also a woodland on the opposite side. Slowly we made a wide turn taking advantage of the strong wind and we met again that mature common reedbuck. It was at 130 meters and from the stick my dad shot again. This time I could see perfectly that the male was hit: he bowed his head down hunched over and after few seconds he fall straight down. The shot was perfect on the shoulder. My dad knew that this was the hardest animal to harvest in this safari considering his absolutely elusive nature and he was extremely happy for the very beautiful trophy and for the heart-pounding hunting action. If the common reedbuck is obtained in a safari, most of the time is during the night using flash light. Not many hunters can say that they have experienced a stalking hunt like this on a common reedbuck, also the PH was very excited after this incredible hunt.

IMG20220531074630.jpg
DSCN8298.JPG
DSCN8305.JPG
IMG20220531084352.jpg
IMG20220531082629.jpg
DSCN8404.JPG
DSCN8410.JPG
DSCN8388.JPG
IMG20220531155415.jpg

But the day wasn’t over yet, it was the right night to try for the bushpig. We abstained from trying previous nights because the PH wanted to be sure that a group with a big boar present would continue to come on the bait. Also considering the fact that previous nights were windy would be a wasted of time. The trail camera confirmed that specific big boar came for four nights consecutively so the chance was good. Marius explained me some aspetcs about bushpig hunting on the bait: first usually it’s necessary to wait for some hours before the bushpigs come to feed (and it’s not for sure they come every night), second if the wind is bad is pointless to wait them for their excellent nose, third the shot distance is very close 30-40 meters and you need to move very quiet, fourth if you miss the shot could be easy that the bushpigs return after only several days. Also an english client at the camp, who experienced hunting with Marius other times, said me that after fourth nights spending on the blind he harvested a bushpig (two nights bad wind and one night the bushpig didn’t come). With all these premises I knew I have to be focused and cautious on this hunt with also a little feeling of fear expecially about the shot which couldn’t miss the target. The PH parked the jeep about five minutes of walking from the blind at 6:00 PM. We didn’t use flashlights to avoid to allert the bushpigs. It was a so clear night that I could see very well the way. The blind was located on the border of a little woodland. The bushpigs used to come from the right side because few miles away is located a much more big woody area where they could rest in the thick bushes during the daylight. The blind was open in the back, closed on the sides with no roof just open sky and only sitting down we were covered in front. I had to shoot on my knees. I used the night vision scope of Marius. The PH was sitting on the left side and I on the right. The PH had the thermal vision and the bushpigs chew enough loudly so we could hear them feeding. He softly explained me that we had to communicate to gestures: if he squeezed my left knee soft meant the bushpigs were there but he couldn’t see the big boar; if he squeezed the knee hard meant that the big boar was on the bait. At 6:15 PM we were ready to wait. I lay down on my back, I was sure of a long wait if we were lucky that night. I was relaxing enjoying a wonderful starry sky, with the Milky Way, the Southern Cross and the Scorpius constellation that caught particolar attention, when suddenly the PH squeezed hard my left knee. Just 5-10 minutes had passed since we were posted. Could the big boar have already arrived? Slowly slowly I got up on my knees. The PH passed me the thermal vision and I saw a large body feeding on the bait together with a very much smaller bushpig. Always slowly I got the rifle and I started to aim the boar. The problem was the bait was on the same level of the blind support on this side so I wasn’t able to aim correctly. I whispered to the PH’s ear this and with small and slow movements we changed positions. In the meantime we heard the big boar chase the smaller bushpig away. Infact, when I got the new position, I saw on the night vision that now on the bait there was only the big boar. But also from this side I wasn’t able to aim correctly standing on my knees. So I stood up a bit as if I were sitting in an imaginary chair. Of course that position was very uncomfortable and I could not remain in that way for a long time. As soon as the bushpig was on the cross, even if it was a ¾ frontal shot, I squeezed the trigger. I shot immediately either for the uncomfortable position or for the fact that we never knew if anything would disturb the boar. The PH with the thermal vision confirmed me that the bushpig was down exactly where I shot. The PH reached it first and he shouted in exultation. He said that bushpig was a monster in everything: body size, tusks and warts on his face. I loved also his coloration with that mix of white, red and black. Before 6:30 PM the bushpig hunt was over. The PH said to me “You are the luckiest bushpig hunter ever! In all my professional hunter carrier never happened such an extremely short wait to get a bushpig down. First night dedicated to the bushpig, only 5-10 minutes of waiting and your first bushpig is a monster boar. Really difficult to find a boar bigger than this one, absolutely sure 100%. I spent also several times until 3:00 AM waiting for bushpigs which never came…….without doubt I never met a more lucky bushpig hunter!”. When we returned to the main lodge my dad, the other clients and PHs, including Marius, were still eating but everbody came out to admire the strange looking animal taking pictures. Diana, the goddess of the hunt, was with us in this wonderful fruitful day: three stupendous trophies in different environments with incredible and memorable emotions.

Congrats on a great hunt, I' m jealous for that bushpig, hope I get one as good and as easily on my next hunt !

Day 7​

With the beginning of the seventh safari day, we had still four full remaining hunting days and the majority of the desired trophies were harvested. Now the main focus was the most changelling animal on our list in the mind of Marius and the PH: a greater kudu bull, but not just any bull……a trophy much bigger compared to the average size of eastern cape kudu trophies. There was only one area where we could have the chances to find something like that: an area of high elevations consisting in thick vegetation of thorny bushes with a mix of mountains and deep canyons where the kudu are able to camouflage themselves perfectly. This year the kudu mating season lasted longer than usual and there was still the chance that the bulls were following the cows. There are many kudu hiding in this very big area so the chances to spot bulls during one day are enough high…….but it is quite another matter if we talk about an old bull carrying impressive horns. For one of them you have to search in more inaccessible grounds usually more in altitude and where the bush is thicker. At sunrise we were posted inside a big canyon looking the other facade of the valley where the PH spotted kudu bulls many times before. But only cows with cubs showed. There was also a big bushbuck ram at more 550 meters. The PH said it was a nice trophies and my dad could try the shot. But from our point of observation the terrain was steep, so we had to move in an other position lying down on a rock. Unfortunately the bushbuck moved inside the thick bush and we didn’t see him again. We kept moving to an other positions during all the morning, but still no kudu bulls were spotted. We came across a group of baboons where there was a dominant male. At 400 meters the baboons saw us and they started to move far away. I tried the shot from a forked branch when the male stopped just for 2-3 seconds but I missed it.

It was luch time and we decided to return to the main lodge. During the way back the PH spotted six warthogs which were feeding in a field on a top of a mountain almost 500 meters from us. With the spotting scope the PH said that the boar was a nice specimen. The warthog was not in our safari list, but this boar caught my attention and the approach seemed very challenging. We had to move much lower than the warthogs through the thick bush in order to get closer unseen by the pigs. It was not easy at all moving in that environment with the clothes getting caught by the thorns and the hands sometimes were pierce by them. Also in several points we had to crawl between two bushes and carrying the rifle made everything more complicated. After more than 20 minutes of approach we arrived under the peak where the boar was spotted. There was a small rise of the ground and the PH peeped out. He saw the boar was still there feeding with the front legs resting on the ground. The PH opened the stick slowly and I silently put the rifle on it. It was a big surprise for me to find in front of me the warthog at just 20-30 meters. I immediately shot on his left shoulder. The warthog ran wildly and made an half circle. Doing that, I noticed the blood spilled out from the exit hole of the bullet. The boar disappeared behind the terrain rise, but I was sure it was down just over there. Infact the warthog was lying dead. Unfortunately the left low tusk broke as the warthog hit a rock when he fell down. We could appreciate the many battle scars this boar had on his body. Expecially a big hole on his left shoulder, few inches over the bullet entrance, was impressive as the rival’s fang had entered deep without counting the multiple scars on his snout and warts. I enjoyed so much this warthog hunt, the approach was very exiting culminated with a beautiful trophy.

In late afternoon we went back to search for a big kudu. We arrived on a peak where in front of us a majestic rock mass stood out. Under it there was a kudu bull that seemed to be an above average trophy. The problem was that the bull was in a very hard ground for the approach so the PH suggested to return there the next morning hoping that the kudu was in a better position. After sunset we gave a last look to an other mountain near enough to the one where I shot the warthog. It was there that three kudu bulls showed up like ghosts. The two bulls more close to the bottom were average trophies judjing from the spotting scope. Instead the bull on the top was entirely another thing: not only the body and neck were bigger compared to the other two bulls below him, but the trophy was significantly wide with the tips that seemed pointing outward and also the lenght of the horns appeared excellent. That was the right kudu bull we were looking for. But we couldn’t shoot it because it was almost dark and it was close to 700 meters from us. Futhermore the bull went behind that mountain following some cows. Like for the mountain reedbuck, the hunting strategy would be to return in that same place next morning before sunrising hoping he would show again. All now was on the hands of Lady Luck.

Both of your pigs/hogs are outstanding! Congratulations!

Day 8​

As we were going to the place where the big kudu was spotted yesterday late evening, we came across to six kudu cows accompanied by a bull with the classic figure 8 shape of the horns. We noticed that the bull limped slightly. Perhaps his handicap was caused by an other kudu bull during a mate fight. The PH judjed him more or less 50 inches. For sure a nice trophy, but the kudu of the day before was more spectacular. Also the PH had in mind only the search for that specific very nice kudu bull, so we passed on him limping behind the cows. We sat in the same point of yesterday evening looking not only at the peak where the bull showed up but also to the surrounding area. The sun rose and we stayed there until 9 AM. We spotted only young kudu bulls and a beautiful nyala bull. We got on the jeep and we did a long patrol tour till lunch time. We went on the peaks to have more chances to spot kudu bulls. We saw four kudu bulls, everyone on the range 47-49 inches. In particular the first bull was in an amazing scenery: almost on the top of a mountain covered by bushes and aloe plants with three nyala females under him, looking at us with the typical pose of the species. If it had been my first kudu, for sure I would have shot one of these bulls. The PH was confident that a kudu above average trophy could have been found on those mountains, maybe a different bull of the one of yesterday but anyway always nice.

But that kudu became a challenge also for the PH, so at 4 PM we returned in the same place of the morning and the evening before. In order to get more chances, the PH brought me and my dad there and then he went back to put the tracker on the other side of the mountain hoping that big bull would be there. While the PH accompanied the tracker, I started to scour with the binocular the area. In a lower opening of bushes on my left, I noticed some kudu cows. And then a bull appeared following the cows. My binocular is eight magnification and at that distance I wasn’t able to judge the trophy, but the size of the body and the neck impressed me a lot. I didn’t want to lose sight on him, I had a feeling it could be a kudu we were looking for. When I heard the jeep coming back, my dad reached the PH told him of this bull. The PH took the spotting scope. He couldn’t believe it, the bull was the same huge one of the evening before. He told me to continue to keep it on sight while he went to recover the tracker. In that time frame, the bull kept walking further and further to reach the cows which were on the verge of disappearing to our sight. I was afraid the kudu would disappear behind the bushes, but luckly the cows stopped to feed and the bull did the same. When the PH and the tracker come back, I indicated where the kudu was. The two discussed about the approaching strategy. Me, the PH and the tracker had to move on our left at the top of the plateau we were and when we were vertical enough to the bull we had to descent exploiting the bushes as a cover until we were on the same level of the antelope. The approach was very cautious trying to avoid to make noises from broken branches and stones that were moved.

During the descent, we stayed as quiet as possible and when we arrived on the same ground level we looked trough the bushes if the kudu was still there. Luckly the bull was still in the same spot eating. We saw only him, not the cows hidden in the bush. Carefully we got closer to the bull. Being on the same level of the kudu and with all those bushes, a lying down shot was impossible and the only way was shooting by the stick. The PH opened the stick at 315 meters from the kudu. It was now with his butt towards us. I aimed it waiting for the broadside shot but I felt that the rifle moved too much for the time of the wait not having the elbows supported. I asked to the PH to go a little more closer. We stopped at 280 meters from the bull. It was still a butt shot. When I was aiming him, I saw his head lifting and looking to the right with his ears stretched forwards. As if something had alarmed him. The PH said me excitedly “The cows are running away, the bull will do the same in a few seconds and then we will lost it! You have to shot now on his back, hurry!”. The cows were closer and they sensed us during our last approach. To hear those words, I squeezed the trigger as soon as the cross was on his butt. At the shot, the bull bent on his hind limbs almost sitting down. The PH told me to shoot again and also the second shot hit the target. When I shot the second time, the kudu was a little more turned on left side and the bullet got the intestines. With his huge strengh, the spiral antelope stood up and it began to move. It was not a run but a fast walking and with his long legs each stride was long. I shot two other times while the kudu was moving but I missed it. The PH was thinking to take the dogs, but the tracker saw the kudu got down inside some bushes. The tracker advised not to take the dogs because few meters ahead there was a steep canyon: with the dogs the antelope could have stood up and gone there and the recover would be very hard. Therefore we approached but unfortunately the bush was so thick that we could see only his horns. We arrived more close and the kudu stood up and moved away walking fast. The PH opened the stick and with a tremendous rush I shot two more times: with the first shot I missed it again, but with the second I saw the kudu distinctly hunched over. Three bullets inside his body were still not enough to put the powerful antelope down and the kudu entered in the steep canyon. Futhermore the sunset was imminent and so we had approximately 30 minutes of good light. On the edge of the steep canyon we found the first blood tracks to follow. The kudu was walking down a patch that skirted under the rocky wall of the canyon peak. In some spots the blood was copious. We were tracking the mortal wounded kudu for 15 minutes minimum, when we spotted him standing upright. We were on an higher position than the bull. When the PH opened the stick, the kudu started to walk again and I shot fast as I could. Again the shot reaction was evident. I hit him in the middle of the body from up to down, but he continued to proceed on the path. Now a problem had arisen: I used all the bullets that the PH carried with him. But with four shots on his body also the impressive strenght of this bull should have wavered. Infact we found the kudu between two bushes with no more forces to walk but still was standing up. It was getting darker and darker, so the PH used his 9mm handgun to try to hasten the end of this incredible kudu hunt. He shot four times and the bull collapsed. But it was only appereance because as soon as the PH touched his horns, the kudu stood up towering us. We almost got a heart attack. The antelope moved toward the more steep cliff and then he fell down again. The PH passed me the 9mm and I shot right behind his shoulder on the heart level. Incredibly the spiral horn had the strenght to get up again and the bull moved more down in the cliff. The kudu stopped now in a very little plain enough steep but still standig up. The PH and the tracker were really worried because few steps more down there was an almost vertical wall with rocks and the only way to recover him would be next day making a difficult climb. So we decided to let him die and finally the big bull collapsed forever. It was almost completely dark when this hunting action finished, we had the time just for some nice pictures and then the tracker pulled out the intestines. The recover would take place the next morning. My dad was worried about us because he waited such a long time without seen us returning and it was full night, but when I told him the incredibly story he was amazed. For the rest of the evening I discussed with the PH the amazing vitality of these animals: even if the bullets didn’t hit the heart and the lungs, that kudu had four bullets inside him plus the handgun shots…….a red stag for sure would be dead in shorter time. Expecially also the PH was wonder how the bull continued to stay up, one of the toughest kudu he have ever seen. The kudu is not a tough antelope like an oryx or wildebeest but this bull seemed to carry their genes of toughness. For me this kudu hunt became one of the most adrenal and memorable hunting actions ever: following the most iconic african antelope in such tough ground like a mountain hunting is something unique and unforgettable.

Day 9​

The entire penultimate morning of the safari was dedicated to the recover of the kudu. We took other wonderful pictures in that breathtaking panorama with the Great Kei River on the bottom. I felt like Hemingway in “Green Hills of Africa”. On the daylight I was able to better understand how steep was the cliff just a little more of 1 meters down where the kudu collapsed: in addition to the much more difficult recover, there would be the high risk that one of both the horns could break during the fall on the rocks. Eight black guys arrived there to recover the huge antelope. But the cliff was already enough steep and the bull was so heavy even without the intestines that it was decided to cut it in pieces and to do several trips up and down. The first black guy brought up an entire hind leg. In the meantime the PH explained me that the first shot on the butt was the only way because it was ready to run away following the cows and there was a very high chance to lose him again. Already for a southern greater kudu this was a very nice trophy, for an eastern cape greater kudu this was a top class outstanding trophy. For the PH this trophy entered on his personal top three of eastern cape kudu he guided. And it was an old bull with the tips enough worn out. At half past noon the entire process was finished. We returned to the main lodge for lunch and the afternoon would be dedicated enterily for my dad’s bushbuck.

At 3:00 PM we returned to the area rich of bushbucks. Also an hunter friend of the PH joined us. We started to glass the fields bordering the bushes or the forests where the bushbucks love to feed. To increase the chances to meet a nice ram, we made a stalk hunt. We passed trough a forest with some marshes to see if some bushbucks were in a little basin. There were seven females and a ram that it was mature but the trophy was below average. The PH suggested to pass him because the chances to spot some bigger rams were good and we had all the next day for the bushbuck. For sure if it was the last afternoon we had shot him. At sunset we spotted a nice old bushbuck in a far field. We made the approach, but when the distance shot was good for the stick the ram disappeared behind bushes. We waited until dark to see if that ram would show up again. For a moment we saw him again, but now it was fully dark and in a second the bushbuck was covered again by the bushes. Now there was nothing left but luck for the last hunting day.

Day 10​

The last hunting morning started under bad luck: a strong wind prevented the bushbucks to come out. We started the patrol in the area of the first morning that we dedicated to the bushbuck where we found three rams in a short range. We walked a lot, but nothing showed up. After this stalking hunt, we went back to the favorite bushbuck area where in the previous days several bushbucks of different sex and age were spotted. Despite the combined effort of the PH, the tracker and the PH’s friend we searched until noon with very few sightings of bushbucks. The bad wind had ruined everything. But after luch a sign for a last hope as the wind ceased completely. With the fact that in the morning the bushbucks had remained hidden in the bush, they could have gone out early in the afternoon to eat in the fields. Infact in one of the main field there were already at 3 PM a lot of bushbucks feeding. This field was not flat, with a series of bushes surrounding the sides and the opposite boundary from where the bushbucks were observed by us. It is from those bushes that the bushbucks go to the field and promptly return in case of danger. In the field there were females, young males and two adult rams with not big trophies. Considering it was the last afternoon of hunting we were thinking of shooting one of those two rams. Then with the spotting scope, at almost 500 meters inside the bushes of the opposite side, the PH spotted an other ram. The body was very big not showing up in the field like the other rams, he could be a nice bushbuck. When the PH saw the trophy, without hesitation he said it was a very nice ram, just one of those we were looking for in the previous days. And for sure that bushbuck was old. It was a very long and difficult shot between the covering of the bushes, so the only way was an approach stalking hunt. We left the tracker with the spotting scope and the radio in order to warn us about his movements during our approach. We made a long circle with the jeep and we parked far enough from that bushbuck. We walked through thick bushes with thorns and we passed trough a little swamp in the middle of a little forest. We saw, besides the countless bushbuck tracks, also caracal tracks and judjing by their size it could have been a big cat. During the walk, the tracker confirmed that the old ram was still in the same position. Now the critical part arrived: after a last series of bushes we had to walk in an open area hoping to spot the bushbuck before he noticed us. When we were almost at the end of the bushes, the tracker warned us that he lost the old ram from his sight. The matter had become complicated because the PH knew the bushbuck was in that area, but now no more his precise position. Very cautiously we continuosly looked around, moving at slow steps. It was the PH’s friend who warned us that in the middle of a bush in the open area he had seen the horns of the bushbuck lying on the ground just 60-70 meters from us and he pointed the horns to us. Everything happened sequentially in a few seconds: hearing the words of his friend, the PH opened immediately the stick, my dad promptly put the rifle on it and the bushbuck rose up looking to us and immediately ready to flee. The instant my dad pulled the trigger, the bushbuck lowered the body to pass through the opening in the bush. The bullet hit the spinous processes of the shoulders, disintegrating them. The bushbuck started to move walking fast with his head bowed to the ground. The old ram stopped after 40-50 meters from the shot, standing up. For the fact that the bushbuck had already stopped after such a short road, it was a sign that he was in a very bad shape. The PH asked my dad to finish him before he could possibly enter in the thick bush because a wounded bushbuck is one of the worst nightmare for a PH: he didn’t want to put on him the two dogs that could easily risk thier lives as well as the PH would have risked his own life. A neck shot put an end to the possible doubt to deal with a dangerous injured bushbuck. Big body, big neck, wonderful trophy with thick bases and so old age that we could appreciate all the scars in his body especially in the ears with the left ear cutting in half from almost his lenght probably caused by a fight with an other ram: the perfect bushbuck to harvest. The bushbuck will never cease to amaze me with its aggressiveness when is wounded despite its much smaller size than other antilopes: during this safari, they told me stories of how dogs and people were seriously injured by its sharp horns and how some lost their lives, especially dogs but also men could be perish by a bushbuck charge. This only increases my respect for this proud and noble animal that I consider more dangerous than a wounded wild boar due to its greater agility. Diana gave us one last stupendous thrill, probably the last hunting action. The safari ended in the best way.

This experience in Eastern Cape surprised me and my dad beyond all expectations. The organization and the quality of the hunt were outstanding. The hunting areas managed by Marius feature animals with top quality trophies as demonstrated by all the eleven animals obtained by me and my dad helped by a super PH who showed very high skills in spotting and pointing us stupendous trophies judging them very accurately even with the spotting scope. Not to mention the environments in which hunting was carried out: breathtaking wilds and free ranges. I highly recommend everyone to go with KMG Hunting Safaris, it will be an unforgettable wonderful experience. I can’t wait to be able to go back hunting with Marius to whom I make a special thanks for everything.

Thanks a lot to everyone for the wonderful comments :D

The result of ten wonderful and memorable days of safari :love:

Wonderful safari. Congrats on some fine trophies. Exceptional kudu bull.
Bruce

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your comment :D Indeed, for an eastern cape kudu this trophy is exceptional :love:

This is great, thank you for sharing! You've done well. I can't wait to get back there next year.
Thank you very much, I also can't wait to go back hunting with Marius :love:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoryBroadw

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?