SOUTH AFRICA: Mountains & Valleys

thanks for the invite Bruce- all I can say is that if I actually lived over there I'd be flat broke. Of course you have to come to the this side to hunt whitetail deer, elk bighorn sheep .... who am I kidding !! ;) I'd rather be in Africa !!
Seriously, for those that might know- what are the rules for living over there for 4-5 months of the year? Work restrictions ? I could see myself spending some more time over there in my retirement based on whether I could actually work some while there.

Nice report and pics, what an adventure. Congrats!

thanks for the invite Bruce- all I can say is that if I actually lived over there I'd be flat broke. Of course you have to come to the this side to hunt whitetail deer, elk bighorn sheep .... who am I kidding !! ;) I'd rather be in Africa !!
Seriously, for those that might know- what are the rules for living over there for 4-5 months of the year? Work restrictions ? I could see myself spending some more time over there in my retirement based on whether I could actually work some while there.
Good stuff... not 100% sure of the work/ residents permit laws but will get somebody to find out... I am not i RSA at the moment and probably only back there early next year, pre- my Feb hunt in Zim.

kudu skull.jpg

After I repaired the tips and rebuilt the bases- right at 60" on right and 59" on left !!!

Can't say I'm big into the "book" but I don't often kill a top 20 either :) Just confirmed through a Master SCI scorer and submitted my paperwork to SCI: #12 Southern Mountain Reedbuck. 16 6/8.

tbh mnt reedbck.jpg

Very nice trophy.

Awesome animal! Congrats

Congrats! Also, just found this report- great read. Thanks for sharing and congrats on that amazing kudu!

Super Mtn Reedbuck!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BenitoMurn

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg