Ericedwinbates

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Africa, Canada, USA
Returned last week from a wonderful safari with my 11 year old son Wyatt. We hunted with Dieter Prinsloo of Mattanja Safaris. Majority of the hunting was on Leadwood Ranch located just SouthWest of Musina. We also hunted some of Dieters other locations for Bushbuck.
Leadwood Ranch is close to 20K Acres and has an abundance of game. Its owned by Glen and Charmaine Janse V Rensburg, wonderful hosts and human beings. They have a passion for Africa and conservation with a true vision for the future that can replicate the past. They treated us like family and were so very gracious to my boy, Wyatt was teared up to leave. We look forward to coming back in the very near future, hopefully 2026.
Dieter was a spectacular PH and very knowledgable and fun to be around. We were also joined on occasion by the Janse V Rensburgs nephew, PH Nico. Nico came along on some of the dangerous game hunts to assist and provide comedy. Dieter and Nico are certainly friends and tease like two brothers, fun.
Crocodile was my main quarry and this property has a pile of them. It took 3 days, and looked over hundreds before finally getting a big bull flat dogg in the right postion and location on the series of lakes. Proper hunt for sure.
Wyatt shot a remarkable Bushbuck along with his first Cape Buffalo. We were also fortunate to harvest Steenbuck and Duiker.
Everyone involved was wonderful and so welcoming for my sons hunting, this is his 4th Safari. Dieter and the Janse V Rensburg family really understand and appreciate the younger hunters and understand there impact on hunting and the future of conservation.
I can certainly recommend Mattanja Safaris and already planned my first elephant hunt in Zim with Dieter next year.

Attachments

• 93054EA5-3A44-46E6-B5E7-A96371293A51.jpeg
    93054EA5-3A44-46E6-B5E7-A96371293A51.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 9
  • C1EA41FC-73BB-43C3-A5E7-AFEE7AB48184.jpeg
    C1EA41FC-73BB-43C3-A5E7-AFEE7AB48184.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 11
Yes, Dieter is a great PH and friend. Leadwood and Glen, Charmaine and their staff are excellent. I will be back there later this year. There are many crocs there. In fact, it's the best place to hunt crocs that I know of in SA. Congrats on a great trip!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xihequliu56

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's