SOUTH AFRICA: Long Haul Cape Buffalo Hunt With BAYLY SIPPEL SAFARIS

This looks like such a great hunt! What a special time with your son. What's on the agenda next? Maybe a leopard hunt with your daughter? :D

I always get jealous when I see my PH (Nic) with other guys...

Nic was great no doubt. All the PH's with Bayly Sippel Safaris we spent time with were not only enthusiastic hunters and knew their stuff, but fun to be around. Nic being a Model 70 fan helped endear him to us for sure!! Your comment here definitely made me laugh though.

buff was very nice but that first impala is a TANK !!

buff was very nice but that first impala is a TANK !!
Yes, I am no Impala expert, but even the PH's were excited about the quality of Impala on the reserve. It was a fun little sideshow to the main event for sure!

Great report. congradulations to you and your son.

great report and thanks for sharing it with us! I hope to do this with one of my sons someday and am glad yall seized the opportunity. congrats on a great hunt.

great report and thanks for sharing it with us! I hope to do this with one of my sons someday and am glad yall seized the opportunity. congrats on a great hunt.
I hope you find the time soon to go with your son(s). It was a grand time together...
photo_2023-08-25_08-53-23.jpg

@Arctic97 ..............That was a great report.......Inches don't matter... those buffalo are stunning. I like the tight curls and the solid boss......but what really stands out is the impala from Hell. Wow. You can get a lot of solitude on those huge properties in South Africa....that doesn't always exist on the 2 million acre concessions that can be full of villages, kids and goat herds. Fences work both ways. Sounds like a great venue. Very nice write up and fotos as well.......but I must say, I would not walk thru the scrub barefoot for a chance at Ariana G........thanks for posting......FWB

@Arctic97 ..............That was a great report.......Inches don't matter... those buffalo are stunning. I like the tight curls and the solid boss......but what really stands out is the impala from Hell. Wow. You can get a lot of solitude on those huge properties in South Africa....that doesn't always exist on the 2 million acre concessions that can be full of villages, kids and goat herds. Fences work both ways. Sounds like a great venue. Very nice write up and fotos as well.......but I must say, I would not walk thru the scrub barefoot for a chance at Ariana G........thanks for posting......FWB

Thank you. Yes, it was a great property and because it is mainly known for its vulture colony it does not get a lot of tourist traffic. We actually only saw tourists once in 11 days there, so no complaints at all in that department. As for going barefooted, yeah I agree with you - I could not have done that I don't think. I give my son a lot of credit for following Nic's lead there. Even on well worn buffalo trails like the one here the thorns were ever present.............

photo_2023-09-04_17-38-53.jpg

Looks like you had a proper buffalo hunt. Congratulations on some fine trophies.

Wow, great report and very nice buffalos. So glad you were able to experience it with your son.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeborahEde

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!