AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
Namibia, R.S.A., Alaska, Idaho, Wyoming, Michigan, Missouri, California, Florida
Hunt Report – July-August, 2023. Cape Buffalo, Blouberg Reserve, Limpopo, R.S.A..

I have been back long enough now that I thought I would start a report here. I will try to finish it up this weekend so I don't let it linger. My son and I first noticed this hunt late last fall here on AH. I kept it in the back of my mind, as I waited to see how my work schedule for 2023 would fall into place. When we both were able to come up with a few weeks off at the same time, we contacted Dempsey Bayly with @BAYLY SIPPEL SAFARIS in February. It didn’t take much back and forth before we booked an extended Buffalo hunt on a 44,500 acre reserve in the Limpopo province of South Africa.

This Buffalo quest for me, was 33 years in the making. Back in late 1989, I caught wind that Winchester was going to go back to producing their controlled round feed action for the model 70. This would begin by being available only through their custom shop in super grade trim. I put in my order for a .375 H&H with some added custom touches and waited. My wife took to calling my large purchase the Phantom, as a lot of money disappeared and nothing ever seemed to show up. To this day, in my family, all members know which rifle the Phantom is. It took almost a year to get, as Winchester went through a bankruptcy. About the time I ordered the rifle my wife became pregnant with our son, so my plans of a Buffalo hunt with this gun quickly took a back burner to fatherhood and other responsibilities. Now it was time.

Fast forward to July 21st for our noon time departure from Boise, Idaho. One flight straight to Atlanta and then we were scheduled for Delta flight 200 into Johannesburg. LONG story short here - Atlanta airport closed for weather about 30 minutes before we landed. We got diverted to Knoxville. By the time we got to Atlanta about midnight we missed flight 200. Delta rebooked us – 3 days later! Yep, 3 days. We rented a car and drove to my place in Florida to kill the time. Back to Atlanta on the 24th for our flight. Sat on that plane for 4 hours until they cancelled the flight for a mechanical issue. Wow, getting to Africa was proving a challenge. They created a whole new flight the following day for us. Finally, on the 25th we departed – 98.5 hours after our original flight. There were times that we wondered if we would EVER get on our way, but we just pressed on, and it worked out.

So, before I get into the hunting part of this report, I have to plug some people here that made this trip possible to go forward at all. For starters, Elize at Afton House kept juggling her room schedule to make sure we would be met and had a place to go upon our arrival. We also used their service for firearm permits, and Mr. X had us through the SAPS office in record time as always. Great service before and after our hunt. We did a day room ($50) at the end of our trip due to a night departure time of 9:50pm. This allowed our outfitter to drop us that afternoon and after some shopping that Elize arranged for us, we were able to repack, clean up, and rest before they delivered us back through SAPS and full check in. Amazing service, and a venue that should get more notice.

Also have to thank Dempsey Bayly, with Bayly Sippel Safaris, for juggling his schedule to accommodate our very late arrival. He and all his staff really went above and beyond to make things work out for us. I think we met almost all of his PH’s during our stay, which really made for a great experience.

And of course, my wife and daughter-in-law who kept cheering us on to keep going.

Day 1.) July 27th. Okay, enough of delays and plugs. Dempsey picked us up early on July 27th at Afton House. He apologized for the early start – like we cared! After 5+ days of traveling to get there, we were ready! We stopped at a farm outside of Polokwane, where we met Alex and Tyler, two of Dempsey’s PH’s. Dempsey turned us over to Tyler for the rest of the trip north. Dempsey and Alex had a bull hippo that was causing trouble and needed culling on this farm. They would meet up with us that night.

Early afternoon we got to see the reserve and our accommodations for the first time. Not primitive by any means – very nice. Best of all - there was no WiFi! With American sim cards we had no cell service either. Having the outside world disconnected for a while sounded very nice indeed!

20230727_063835.jpg

20230727_063900.jpg

Riding to the reserve with Tyler gave us time to get a feel for each other. Young and passionate about hunting. Those are two adjectives you will hear me use often to describe the PH’s we worked with at Bayly Sippel. Tyler filled us in on some of the history of the reserve and its buffalo. The genetics of the buffalo are from the Addo group. We were told beforehand to expect mature hard bossed bulls in the 30-32” range. The herd on Blouberg is +300 self-sustaining. The off take for 2023 was set at 6 bulls and 6 cows, all for the local community. There are a few other species that are also available to hunt on the reserve. Impala, Zebra, Giraffe, and Kudu if I remember correctly. We were there for buffalo!

First look at the reserve....
photo_2023-08-19_15-53-45.jpg

photo_2023-08-19_15-57-27.jpg

Tyler gave us time to unpack and freshen up and then out we went. Stopped and fired the rifles. All good there. Late afternoon, so he opted to take us up into the mountains and do some glassing until dark. This property really has it all. Plenty of arid bushveld at about 2700 ft of elevation that rise up to mountains in the 5000 ft category. The ability to glass buffalo and stalk them is one of many unique qualities of this property. We picked up Paul, a game ranger from the reserve, who would also serve as tracker. After a few miles drive we left the vehicle with a driver and started working our way up to a glassing spot. We sat for about an hour, spotting Giraffe and Impala......

20230727_112735.jpg

photo_2023-08-19_16-03-23.jpg

About 30 minutes before dark Tyler decided to pop over the other side of the little ridge we were on to check a draw behind us. Within a couple of minutes, he was back, hissing for us to follow him to have a look. Three bulls about 150 yards adjacent to us – and one is a definite shooter! Looked like they were going to start working down slope towards water. Quick plan for Paul and I to sit tight while Tyler takes my son, Jake, down a couple hundred yards to cut them off.

Tyler and Jake with one of the 3 bulls visible....
photo_2023-08-19_16-24-01.jpg

Away they went. The minutes ticked by. The bulls are right below us and I can hear them at times and catch glimpses of them as they more down to where I believe Tyler and Jake are set up. Then as I see 3 bulls starting to go through an opening down close to the ambush, Paul whispers to me that he can see the bulls again. But now he is pointing near where we originally saw the bulls. I am like, hey no, they are down there now, I see them. I move a few yards to be next to Paul and yep – three more bulls! And the last one is the biggest. They are following the other three bulls down to water. I watch them as they catch up to the first set of bulls. Then they slowly go through the last opening I have to see them and I think, they must be on top of Tyler and Jake. More minutes tick by as they are all out of my sight now. I am waiting for the boom of the .458. As the light is fading there is a thunder from below! Not the .458, but hooves on rocks and branches and trees snapping. The last three bulls come barreling back up hill the way they had gone down. When they were about even in elevation with Paul and I, they turned side hill away from us, and ran another 100 yards. Then they stopped and looked back downhill at what had spooked them – Tyler and Jake! What a sight in my binoculars they were with the last light of our first night back in Africa!

Paul and I sat tight until finally it was dark and a bird call came up to tell us to make our way down to the boys. The story when we reached them was, they got busted early by the first bull and only saw 5 of the 6 bulls, not the big guy at the back. Jake was on the sticks though, at very close range, so it was an exciting start for us both for sure!

We walked out to one of the 2 track roads about a mile away and then we called to have the driver bring the truck. He was new to the property and got lost, so we walked in the moonlight for a while and after an hour the truck found us. Back to the chalet, a bit tired from all the travel and excitement. Dempsey and Alex were there with the fire going. Opened some 15 year KWV brandy I had asked Dempsey to get for me, and then all was good with the world again.

Day 2.) July 28th. Up at 6am. Chef was on his game, and breakfast of sausage and eggs was a welcome sight. Out to check game cameras at water holes was first thing on the agenda. Alex had not hunted this property so he went with Dempsey and I. Tyler and Jake headed out in the other direction. We took a track from a water hole and stayed on it for 9.8 kilometers. These young PH’s have satellite apps that show the track we walked, with distance and elevation. Glad they had this, as I enjoyed hearing the data, but did not want to focus on any gadgets aside from my rifle, binoculars and enjoying the moments as they came. We never caught up with the maker of those tracks. Back for lunch with Tyler and Jake. They had jumped bulls a few kilometers from camp and were on them all morning, but could not get a set-up.

Dempsey and Alex...
photo_2023-08-19_16-42-32.jpg

Dempsey Bayly and Paul, our Game Ranger and Tracker...
photo_2023-08-19_16-55-15.jpg

photo_2023-08-19_16-55-21.jpg

On the way out for our afternoon hunt, Dempsey spotted a very nice Impala ram. We stopped and he said we should go for a little walk to try to take it. By then it and the herd were moving through the bush. We just kept moving and setting up the sticks. I would get on them and Dempsey would say do you see him? No, too much brush and Impala everywhere! We would move and repeat this. About the 4th setup I saw him moving right to left into a small opening. I knew I would only have a couple seconds to check behind him and then send the shot. I was on the sticks when Dempsey made a grunt to stop him. He stopped perfectly broadside, but now the whole shoulder area was blocked by a large limb. Clear behind him so I just quickly sighted on his neck and took the shot. He ended up being a very fine ram indeed, just over 25”. Dempsey also thought that this was not the original ram that caught his eye! While the buffalo genetics on the reserve run on the smaller side, the Impala genetics are quite the opposite!

Dempsey did a great job being patient with this old hunter....
photo_2023-08-19_16-48-19.jpg

We finished our day up high glassing, but did not see any buffalo. Back at camp we celebrated the Impala, and I even cracked open the 20 year KWV brandy I had there in reserve for a potential buffalo celebration.

photo_2023-08-19_17-03-27.jpg

photo_2023-08-19_17-03-22.jpg

photo_2023-08-19_17-03-36.jpg

Day 3.) July 29th. We cut fresh bull tracks at a waterhole. We followed for a few kilometers and bumped them a few times but never really saw them. After lunch we got back on these tracks from where we let them rest in the morning. We followed only a short ways and found where they bedded down. Guess we should have stayed at it in the morning, but thought it best at the time to ease off them. We followed these tracks, but got into herds of Impala, Giraffe, and Kudu. After letting them feed by us we proceeded to track. Eventually we lost their tracks when another herd of buffalo crossed them. Good day of being on tracks and enjoying the moments as they came. This is what we came here for.

photo_2023-08-19_17-09-56.jpg

Day 4.) July 30th. We picked up good tracks at a waterhole early morning. After about an hour Paul lost the trail. I think we circled a football field area for almost an hour, before he got back on them. About another hour into the tracking Dempsey spots the bulls bedded, but Paul was about 2 meters out in front of him and hadn’t seen them. Dempsey hissed at Paul (who is hard of hearing) and he turned to see Dempsey looking/pointing and me bringing my rifle to bear at his position. He immediately flattened down low. The bulls either heard us, smelled us, or saw us, as they all jumped up from their beds. Dempsey said, “hard bossed bull there”, but there were 3 that I could see getting up behind a curtain of brush just 12 meters away. Bulls were up for about 3 seconds and then running. No shot really as I was uncertain which bull he had ID’ed, and Paul was right there in my line of fire. In my book, no bull is worth firing over someone for, even your first bull. Opportunity lost, but way exciting. Back on their trail for a few more hours until they crossed a road at noon and we found ourselves way closer to camp than the truck, so we just hiked into camp for lunch. We ended up back up high in the late afternoon to glass, but there was a fire burning over by the large Vulture colony on the reserve and it hampered visibility some. It was like fall up in the Frank Church of Idaho trying to glass through smoke for elk. Had a great dinner of T-Bone steaks with a glass of a Rustenberg Cabernet.

photo_2023-08-19_17-26-26.jpg

photo_2023-08-19_17-26-31.jpg

Day 5.) July 31st. Caught the three bulls we chased yesterday on a game camera at 0530 so we took their trail. Took almost an hour to sort out the correct tracks from the water hole. Followed with high optimism as 2 of the 3 bulls were hard bossed shooter bulls. Unfortunately, the winds were all over the place and the bulls were mostly going downwind. We followed for a few kilometers and they got our scent and it was game over. Picked them up and jumped them some more. Wind was being a real pain. After lunch we found fresh tracks of a big herd and followed those. They went downwind also and we got busted, but Dempsey started calling like a distressed buffalo calf (sounds exactly like cow moose calling). That got a few of the cows interested, but not the herd bull. Finally, they all departed. Lot of walking this day – 19 kilometers I was told. When the cows came in today to the calling Dempsey asked if I wanted to shoot a cow. I hesitated when I could have. Then I thought maybe I would if the chance came again, but it didn’t. In the end I told him I think I must stick to original plan of bull first. Back to camp after a long day. Dempsey bought us a surprise for the appetizer this night and Chef prepared them for us. Mopani worms! Well, all I can say is I tried them and ate one. Dempsey and Alex finished a plate of them like popcorn. The reserve manager stopped by the fire tonight and it was great to hear his stories of decades there on the reserve. I hesitate to use his name as I did not ask his permission, but I have to say that my impression of the reserve and it’s management was top shelf.

Mopani Worms for appetizer...

photo_2023-08-19_17-35-11.jpg

Cool things you find out in the bush.....Shell of Giant African Land Snail...
photo_2023-08-19_17-26-37.jpg

Day 6.) August 1st. Out to a water hole early and took up a herd track. Followed it around for a few hours and kind of lost it. Then we bumped back into it and the herd. Had buff going by a small opening – told Dempsey to tell me if one was a shooter. No bull came by. We moved to get ahead of them. One of the cows saw us, so we immediately sat. Dempsey started calling, and the cows started coming over. One cow was very upset. She had her head low and would advance a couple of yards every time he called. A couple other cows were right behind her. She was not happy and kept advancing to within about 10-12 meters. I had my fire dot on her face in case I needed to stop her. Then I saw a large body buff through the brush to the right of her about 20 degrees. I thought this might be the bull. I knew if I moved my rifle barrel that cow was not going to like it and would either come closer or bust, but after a couple seconds I decided I better cover this potential bull target in case Dempsey called it. I was still trying to watch the cow and cover the new target when she decided my movement was NOT natural, and she busted, and took the herd with her. Very exciting couple of minutes!

Start of day, looking for the right set of tracks.......
photo_2023-08-19_17-42-58.jpg

Day 7.) August 2nd. Out to check cameras. Took the tracks of the 3 bulls we have been on all week. Tracking along good for almost an hour when we bumped a lone bull from his bed. Dempsey had a quick look at him and said he was old and skinny. No time for a shot at any rate. No lack of shootable bulls for sure. Dempsey asked Paul why only one bull? Paul replied that he had been tracking just one bull the whole time. Some miscommunications there, as we had the three amigos, as we had taken to calling them, on camera at 1830 the night before and thought that was the track we were on. So back we went to start over. We stayed on these tracks for almost 3 hours. Dung piles got warmer after we found where they had bedded during the night. At about 1130 Paul, out in front, just sat down low and quickly pointed. Dempsey sat quickly. I was right behind him on a knee. Dempsey butt scooted to Paul and had me come up. He told me there is the bull in his bed, and my only shot is in the head. I couldn’t see it! What he points out to me looks like a piece of wood about 20 meters away. I finally ask for the sticks – I feel bad that I can’t find the target. I don’t want to send a bullet into wood and see a bull jump up and run away! Sticks up on low, rifle on sticks, being told my bull is “just there, 20 meters.” Still couldn’t see it. Every position information Dempsey fed me, led me back to the light-colored wood. I was growing concerned about taking too long to acquire the target. What I will guess was about 45 seconds into this, and felt like 45 minutes, Dempsey says do you see the black curve of his horn tip? Yes! I do see that, and it curves around into that light colored piece of wood – the boss! Another curved horn comes out the other side. I am now able to ID his head and an eye. Dempsey says level with the eye. A couple seconds later I send the 350 grain Barnes TSX. I lost the bull in the recoil. Dempsey tells me to put in another. As I work the bolt and get back on target there is a bull standing just to the left of where I just fired. I say, the one standing? He quickly says no, the one laying there. I get up from sitting and move forward a couple paces and I see it and bust it again in the armpit. Dempsey also added an insurance shot in the armpit. These two shots are right next to each other. No Movement. No sound. Nothing. Next thing I know both Dempsey and Paul are backslapping me. It was dead on the brain shot and just collapsed. Amazing feeling. Emotions so strong. Couldn’t hold back some tears. All choked up. Hard to speak for a while. After I settled down, more hugs from Paul and Demps. Then a long photo session began. Dempsey called in Alex and Jake to share the moment. I got choked up again when I saw Jake, but it was a great to have him there to share the moment with me. I also asked Dempsey to share a couple pics back to my wife as nothing is real until she shares it with me.

photo_2023-08-19_17-55-31.jpg

photo_2023-08-19_17-55-10.jpg

photo_2023-08-19_17-55-17.jpg

photo_2023-08-19_17-55-24.jpg

I have to give all credit to Dempsey for these photographs. He spent a lot of time getting things set up just right to take these. I called it Bayly Productions as he did a wonderful job and I could tell it was a point of pride for him, as it should be.

Such a beautiful bull with a hard boss and great colors from all the rubbing. For those that like numbers, it was just under 34”, but that matters not the least to me. It took basically 6 full days of hunting to get to this point. I walked 82.35 kilometers (~51 miles). I was starting to get a little apprehensive, I admit it. Dempsey knew this, and kept telling me to just trust the process. Tracking so many bulls over that time, and then tracking this one into his bed was amazing. The shot just below his right eye went through his head and exited out the left side of his neck. It was immediate lights out. No death bellow – nothing. We had a great Buffalo party that night. The 20 year brandy was finished, along with another 15 year and much Jägermeister, of course. Memories that I will take to my grave for sure. Hence the name Long Haul for this report. It took 33 years of thought, over 5 days of travel, and then 82 kilometers of tracking to come to fruition.

Great night at the fire celebrating!

Buffalo Legs!.....
photo_2023-08-19_18-22-19.jpg

Day 8.) August 3rd. Jake, Tyler and Paul headed out to the mountains this morning. I have to say that when I thought I had walked my fair share to get to a buffalo, every time I had a high mileage day, Jake and crew would report higher mileage and a lot of elevation. This day was no different for them. They ended up high in the mountains tracking a bull into a natural water hole that even Tyler didn’t know about. This was the area that the reserve manager had told me about where there is evidence of an early civilization. They have found artifacts up there and Jake described rock shelves. I would like to see that some day.

photo_2023-08-19_18-29-17.jpg

photo_2023-08-19_18-29-23.jpg

Day 9.) August 4th. Out with Jake and Tyler this morning. We got on a good bull track and about 2 hours in we found the bed. Started moving very slow. Tyler stopped on one knee to glass through the bush. As he finished looking in the direction of the track we were on, the bull jumped up from a bed 40 yards to our left. He had made a little circle and was watching his trail. Good bull too! On the way back to the truck, we stumbled upon a good Impala ram, so Jake was able to collect his ram at least. After lunch we moved accommodations across the road to Blouberg Private Game Lodge. This was much more posh than the reserve, and came with WiFi, so we could communicate with family a bit. I admit that after a week I was ready to say hello to the wife. Dempsey had a new client, with his uncle, show up today. It was great to meet Jose and Jerry. Jose has hunted here with Dempsey before. Also, Nic, another young, passionate PH, came into camp to relieve Tyler who had other commitments.

photo_2023-08-19_18-34-15.jpg

New digs....
photo_2023-08-19_18-40-25.jpg

photo_2023-08-19_18-40-30.jpg

Day 10.) August 5th. Out with Nic, Eric his tracker, Jake, and Paul. Eric is from Zim and a master tracker. He was unbelievable to watch. We cut tracks and were off. We followed for about 90 minutes. Eric kept ranging out ahead. He came back and said he had found the herd bedded up ahead. Nic asked Paul and I to stay there. Then he and Eric and Jake took off their shoes and socks and leave us to go in slow and quiet. As I sit there on a log with Paul, I give Nic the title of “Indian”. No way could I walk over that ground barefooted. I had been pulling thorns, that went all the way through the soles of my shoes, all week! I give my son credit for following his PH’s lead. I can tell Nic is very intense about the hunt.
photo_2023-08-19_18-46-44.jpg

Barefooted they go....
photo_2023-08-19_18-46-52.jpg

The barefooted "Indian".....
photo_2023-08-19_18-49-53.jpg

Paul and I wait on the log for 2 hours and finally Eric came back to collect their shoes. They had finally gotten busted by a cow. There was a good bull with the herd, so they followed, but never caught up.

We regrouped late in the afternoon and Nic knew of a mud wallow that was seeing some traffic, so we decided to set an ambush. Paul and I waited about 500 meters away and just at dark we heard 3 very quick shots. When we got up to the scene, Jake and Nic were all but dancing around a beautiful bull. Jake nailed it good with two 480 grain Woodleigh softs, and one solid. We were both over the moon about it. Very late night getting bull back and celebrating!

photo_2023-08-19_18-55-36.jpg

photo_2023-08-19_18-55-45.jpg

photo_2023-08-19_18-55-52.jpg

Day 11.) August 6th. Late morning for us after last night. Hung out and helped with the meat from Jakes bull. He recovered the bullet of his first shot after it broke one shoulder and was on opposite shoulder. 480 grain Woodleigh weighed 450 grains and was 1.25” diameter. His bull measured just over 40". A very big bull on this reserve. Jake didn’t keep track of his daily mileage as well as I did, but every day I asked, they always seemed to have gone farther than we did, and always up into the hills. My best estimate is that he walked between 120 and 140 kilometers on his Buffalo quest in the 9+ days he was at it. Just pictures and relaxing a bit for me. Derik the manager here at Blouberg Private Game Lodge took Jake and I out to look for a Kudu for Jake in the late afternoon. Right before sunset they caught some Kudu moving through an open lane and Jake scored a nice old broken horned bull. What a great end to our stay here! Dempsey helped cook dinner as there was some reshuffling of staff going on and he did a fantastic job. Another feather in his bonnet.

photo_2023-08-19_19-00-37.jpg

Day 12.) August 7th. Had nothing on the agenda today so Nic gave us a slow tour of Blouberg. Took a lot of pictures and said some goodbyes. It was hard to say so long to Blouberg after 11 days there. It’s a beautiful, wild place. It was a great hunt with the team of passionate, young men from Bayly Sippel Safaris. I would highly recommend them to anyone for any game anywhere they hunt, as we know first hand that they will put in great efforts to see you succeed.

Some parting photos of the trophies....
photo_2023-08-19_19-05-26.jpg

Day 13.) August 8th. Tyler picked us up and drove us down to Johannesberg, where he had return clients coming in. He dropped us at Afton House about 1500 where we had a day room until our flight home that night. I will close this by saying that our travel home was uneventful for a change! As with all trips to Africa, already scheming in my head when, and how, to get back.

Attachments

• photo_2023-08-19_18-16-22.jpg
    photo_2023-08-19_18-16-22.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 106
  • photo_2023-08-19_18-19-53.jpg
    photo_2023-08-19_18-19-53.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 113
  • photo_2023-08-19_19-05-32.jpg
    photo_2023-08-19_19-05-32.jpg
    478.7 KB · Views: 117
  • photo_2023-08-19_16-42-39.jpg
    photo_2023-08-19_16-42-39.jpg
    414.4 KB · Views: 110
  • photo_2023-08-19_17-17-39.jpg
    photo_2023-08-19_17-17-39.jpg
    478.4 KB · Views: 112
Last edited by a moderator:
I really enjoyed reading this report. I’m very critical of buffalo hunting in South Africa, but I only see things I like in this report. Sounds like a great hunt on a huge area with minimal hunting each year, tough to beat.

Awesome! What a fantastic trip and your were definitely in it for the long haul. Congratulations and thanks for sharing

I was there just before you. Blouberg was quite nice. Bayly Sippel did a fantastic job.

I still need to write my report. Unfortunately I came home sick and once better, dived back into work and life. I'll get it done, hopefully soon.
20230719_172857.jpg

That was a proper buffalo hunt. Thanks for sharing!

Congrats on a great hunt. I leave on Aug 24th for a hunt with Dempsey for a hippo. This will be my first time hunting with Bayly/Sipple and your report is very encouraging. Congrats again to you and your son on a great hunt.

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Wow. Tough way to start, but a great finish! Gotta love it when a life-long plan comes together.

Congratulations all around, well done. Thanks for the report and pictures.

I really enjoyed reading this report. I’m very critical of buffalo hunting in South Africa, but I only see things I like in this report. Sounds like a great hunt on a huge area with minimal hunting each year, tough to beat.
Yes, agree with you, and it was exactly that! A great hunt on a huge area that gets minimal pressure.

Congrats on a great hunt. I leave on Aug 24th for a hunt with Dempsey for a hippo. This will be my first time hunting with Bayly/Sipple and your report is very encouraging. Congrats again to you and your son on a great hunt.
I am sure the Bayly Sippel team will show you a great time. Look forward to seeing your report and some pics from your hunt!

Sounds like a great hunt. Working for a trophy makes the memories that much better. Congrats
Bruce

Congrats for a great hunt, and thanks for sharing !

What a great hunt, both of those buff were good, and the smaller one was a real prize at that age.

It was warming up when we left. Last day of sightseeing around the reserve and Nic pointed out this Mozambique Spitting Cobra......very dangerous, you go first....
(Nic was amazing in all aspects of the hunt and natural world. Another Ionides when it came to snakes!)
photo_2023-08-20_15-35-00.jpg

Well done and congrats on getting your buff! Very good report that I enjoyed following along.

Thank you for sharing your story with us. I appreciate the detail and thought that obviously went into your account. Great photos!♥

Congratulations! I enjoyed your report. Thanks. Your friend, Brian

Beautiful adventure, and a great buffalo. Congrats and thanks for taking us along.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiillmara

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg