SOUTH AFRICA: Koringkoopie Safaris

If I would have even considering giving this outfitter benefit of a doubt there is no way I would now . These bogus reports the new members spamming good reviews . I’m glad I found this sight and will happily plan through Sponsers with credibility and positive history

Is Jac a member here? If not, why are you thanking him here? These posts truly are odd.

Were these considered trophy animals?

I'm beginning to wonder if someone isn't trying to sabotage this outfitter with these posts. Maybe a competitor or disgruntled client? It would be a novel approach. If so, it's definitely working.

If I would have even considering giving this outfitter benefit of a doubt there is no way I would now . These bogus reports the new members spamming good reviews . I’m glad I found this sight and will happily plan through Sponsers with credibility and positive history
Be very careful choosing your outfitter and ask for references even for sponsors on this site.
There are also a lot of very good outfitters who are not sponsors here....

Most of this forum hates/disagrees with my position on these donation/auction hunts. I believe its just bias, like trying to persuade someone extended warranties are a scam after they have bought them. They just won't hear of it because their pride is invested.

Three kinds of donation/auction hunts out there.

1.) The zero value hunt. Its an honest donation, but the person could have negotiated a package hunt just like it with the outfitter for the same price or less, all-in, without winning a thing. Not a bad thing, you gave money to charity, the operator got the same net they would have with you paying directly, the charity got a few bucks.

2.) The scam hunt. These typically have a few different angles.
A.) Free daily rates for infinite days...but you get to pay $4000 for a kudu/eland and $1500 for a springbok.
B.) Fairly priced animals but the incidental fees are enormous. $750-$1200 daily rates. $600 observer rates. $500 per person transport fees both ways. Required to use their taxidermist.
C.) The animal quality is very low and the hunting areas are basically pens.

3.) The legit donation of an epic hunt by a very affluent or successful operator. In the hundreds (more than a thousand?) of auction hunts I've reviewed, I've found maybe 1-3% that fit this bill. An example is the famous fellow that was offering roe deer hunts at Balmoral Castle, or lowland stag adjacent to the queen's property. I bid on this one and bid hard, it had an estimated value of $8000-$12000 but the high bid at SCI was $20,000. Generally, the really good auction hunts are bid far above their value, are never a deal, but at least its a tax deductible charitable donation for the difference between purchase price and FMV for the buyer.

Which one of these three categories do you think the OP bought?

Most of this forum hates/disagrees with my position on these donation/auction hunts. I believe its just bias, like trying to persuade someone extended warranties are a scam after they have bought them. They just won't hear of it because their pride is invested.

Three kinds of donation/auction hunts out there.

1.) The zero value hunt. Its an honest donation, but the person could have negotiated a package hunt just like it with the outfitter for the same price or less, all-in, without winning a thing. Not a bad thing, you gave money to charity, the operator got the same net they would have with you paying directly, the charity got a few bucks.

2.) The scam hunt. These typically have a few different angles.
A.) Free daily rates for infinite days...but you get to pay $4000 for a kudu/eland and $1500 for a springbok.
B.) Fairly priced animals but the incidental fees are enormous. $750-$1200 daily rates. $600 observer rates. $500 per person transport fees both ways. Required to use their taxidermist.
C.) The animal quality is very low and the hunting areas are basically pens.

3.) The legit donation of an epic hunt by a very affluent or successful operator. In the hundreds (more than a thousand?) of auction hunts I've reviewed, I've found maybe 1-3% that fit this bill. An example is the famous fellow that was offering roe deer hunts at Balmoral Castle, or lowland stag adjacent to the queen's property. I bid on this one and bid hard, it had an estimated value of $8000-$12000 but the high bid at SCI was $20,000. Generally, the really good auction hunts are bid far above their value, are never a deal, but at least its a tax deductible charitable donation for the difference between purchase price and FMV for the buyer.

Which one of these three categories do you think the OP bought?
The humorous part is many people that purchase number 3 miss the part between purchase price and FMV. I have some very educated friends, granted they are not CPAs or tax attorneys, but believe the entire “donation” is a legitimate deduction. Amazingly, some of their tax preparers agree (or are at least complicit). Oooof.

Ignore and next...

1724257116928.png

This is getting beyond ridiculous!
Occasional posts like this, make this forum interesting dont you think?
Good old, honest, reliable, experienced, educated and vetted forum members are like pack of wolves, in such threads when their intelligence gets questioned with posts like this. O, man!
We have seen it before. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tokiwart00th

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with