SOUTH AFRICA: Koringkoopie Safaris *Warning* Stay Away

If you are still in contact with them on a regular basis, it might be wise to let them know about this thread. If I owned a business that was being viewed in a very negative light from a customer service interaction, I would want the ability to say my piece in the matter.
Oh they know about it. That’s why two new members joined yesterday and wrote puff pieces lol.

I hunted with Koring Koppie last year and had a great time. I hunt with a recurve which comes with its own limitations. Jacque picked me up at the airport and hung out with me every evening until bedtime since I was hunting by myself. I was able to get a baboon, wildebeest and a warthog with my recurve. I hit a kudu a little too far back but we gave it several hours and then spent several hours looking to avail. That was nobodys fault but my own.

Jacque was awesome to hunt with and I enjoyed hanging out with his son, brother, dad and I got to meet his wife. Moses was the main tracker I talked with. Jacque treated him very well as well as his other employees. Jacque did ask me not to keep anything valuable in my room so that his employees couldnt be accused of taking anything. That made complete sense to me and I ended up living my wallet with several thousand dollars in it one day. It was untouched.

The accommodations were top notch. All the meals were great. I was never pressured to shoot anything and the decisions were left up to me. Jacque sat with me in the blind for 10 hours each day. We had a great breakfast and had a great sack lunch each day. I never went hungry. They were long days and I learned a lot talking to him. I really enjoyed the entire experience and I plan to go back. When I have more time I will write a review with pictures.

As hunters we are responsible for what we shoot. I have hunted a lot of places and I never take the guides word for it. I shoot what I want. Also I think it is important to shoot the weapon before hunting. I would never hunt with someone elses gun but if I had to I would make sure and make sure it is sighted in to my safisfaction.

We did talk about his firewood business which I found interesting but he never once hindered my hunt. I have nothing but great things to say about my time with his outfitter. Only thing I would change would be to take my time on the kudu but that is all on m
I hunted with Koring Koppie last year and had a great time. I hunt with a recurve which comes with its own limitations. Jacque picked me up at the airport and hung out with me every evening until bedtime since I was hunting by myself. I was able to get a baboon, wildebeest and a warthog with my recurve. I hit a kudu a little too far back but we gave it several hours and then spent several hours looking to avail. That was nobodys fault but my own.

Jacque was awesome to hunt with and I enjoyed hanging out with his son, brother, dad and I got to meet his wife. Moses was the main tracker I talked with. Jacque treated him very well as well as his other employees. Jacque did ask me not to keep anything valuable in my room so that his employees couldnt be accused of taking anything. That made complete sense to me and I ended up living my wallet with several thousand dollars in it one day. It was untouched.

The accommodations were top notch. All the meals were great. I was never pressured to shoot anything and the decisions were left up to me. Jacque sat with me in the blind for 10 hours each day. We had a great breakfast and had a great sack lunch each day. I never went hungry. They were long days and I learned a lot talking to him. I really enjoyed the entire experience and I plan to go back. When I have more time I will write a review with pictures.

As hunters we are responsible for what we shoot. I have hunted a lot of places and I never take the guides word for it. I shoot what I want. Also I think it is important to shoot the weapon before hunting. I would never hunt with someone elses gun but if I had to I would make sure and make sure it is sighted in to my safisfaction.

We did talk about his firewood business which I found interesting but he never once hindered my hunt. I have nothing but great things to say about my time with his outfitter. Only thing I would change would be to take my time on the kudu but that is all on me.

I'm glad you had a good experience and received good treatment from Jacques, but that doesn't excuse what happened to us. I was there, and I could tell my boyfriend wasn't happy because Jacques took the gun from him and was the one who killed the wounded giraffe. Despite what happened, my boyfriend is still in communication with the outfitter.Even though I didn't fully understand the details of the waterbuck incident, I was there, quietly observing and listening to them. It's not right for the outfitter to treat a client that way—calling my boyfriend an asshole in front of the other employees just because he spoke the truth about why they didn't mention that the horns were asymmetrical. They should have known about this. I was there when Jacques' brother attempted to punch my boyfriend and called him an asshole. Despite everything, my boyfriend still paid to avoid further trouble.

It's not right for the outfitter to treat a client that way—calling my boyfriend an asshole in front of the other employees just because he spoke the truth about why they didn't mention that the horns were asymmetrical. They should have known about this. I was there when Jacques' brother attempted to punch my boyfriend and called him an asshole. Despite everything, my boyfriend still paid to avoid further trouble.
Out of all the debauchery that we have read happened on this hunt. The above is what should be most alarming.

A business owner insulted with profanity and attempted to physically assault a client. There is no excuse for this.

The two new members posts are exactly as @dchum mentioned above, puff pieces due to this negative thread.

I would love the outfitter to explain this behavior. However, it will always be ones word against the other. Thankfully @Moe324 you did make those calls as there are records of you seeking help.

This is a well detailed red flag thread.

I have a parting thought on the giraffe issue. I was told by one landowner who was contemplating thinning his herd that they are shot in the head. Others on the forum with experience say the usual procedure is to shoot them in the neck where it joins the head. Not much difference. Apparently the usual boiler room shot is nonapplicable as it risks the animal running off too far or lost completely. Their lungs and heart are huge and can sustain a lot of damage. Also it is preferable to drop these extra large animals someplace where equipment can access. So ... was client told to shoot the giraffe in the head and chose not too? I suppose I can understand why the PH would want to grab the gun and put it down quickly for logistics reasons. But I would have thought he would bring a backup rifle for this purpose.

We may have found a new Kuche safaris.
I'm a young man I don't say this to be arrogant but I have a budget and income that has alowed me to bow hunt around the world. I have been in good camps, bad camps and everything in between. I read bad reviews on kuche and still chose to hunt with them in 2022. I left nervous about what I was going to experience. I was completely and totally blow away by the experience that Kuche gave me. It was phenomenal. Im headed back over there this friday to hunt buff. Was their email communication perfect? No but I don't care. The hunting, hospital, humbleness and character of the staff was absolutely incredible. When I read bad reviews on them I always imagine they are being written by some fine gentlemen who is wearing penny loafers, decompressing about his drive in traffic on the way home from the office. You know the type of guy who has his hunting cloths dry cleaned . Keep hating I'm going to keep spending these Benjamin's over there having a great time

I'm a young man I don't say this to be arrogant but I have a budget and income that has alowed me to bow hunt around the world. I have been in good camps, bad camps and everything in between. I read bad reviews on kuche and still chose to hunt with them in 2022. I left nervous about what I was going to experience. I was completely and totally blow away by the experience that Kuche gave me. It was phenomenal. Im headed back over there this friday to hunt buff. Was their email communication perfect? No but I don't care. The hunting, hospital, humbleness and character of the staff was absolutely incredible. When I read bad reviews on them I always imagine they are being written by some fine gentlemen who is wearing penny loafers, decompressing about his drive in traffic on the way home from the office. You know the type of guy who has his hunting cloths dry cleaned . Keep hating I'm going to keep spending these Benjamin's over there having a great time
Jared, I think the difference may be you didn't get snared up in one of their promotional giveaways. You said it: you have the money to spend. Lots of it. And you've obviously made that evident to Kuche. Not arrogance. Is what it is. But don't you think they might respond differently to the Benjamin filled honeypot than the cash thin bargain hunter? Personally, I would prefer to hunt with an outfitter who treats everyone the same.

Jared, I think the difference may be you didn't get snared up in one of their promotional giveaways. You said it: you have the money to spend. Lots of it. And you've obviously made that evident to Kuche. Not arrogance. Is what it is. But don't you think they might respond differently to the Benjamin filled honeypot than the cash

Jared, I think the difference may be you didn't get snared up in one of their promotional giveaways. You said it: you have the money to spend. Lots of it. And you've obviously made that evident to Kuche. Not arrogance. Is what it is. But don't you think they might respond differently to the Benjamin filled honeypot than the cash thin bargain hunter? Personally, I would prefer to hunt with an outfitter who treats everyone the same.
Integrity is a big deal to me. I believe we all put our pants on the same way and men should be treated the same regardless of their budgets or where they come from. Which is why I go back. I have seen them bust their tails to give everyone a great experience. In my experience I see two types of hunters in the camps or lodges I have gone. The first group is made of of people who are gracious and humble. You know the type of people who you stay friends with and stay in contact with for years. The other group I see is people who expect someone to whipe their butt for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanks

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe
3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!