AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Life Member SCI, DSC, NRA, CCA, TWA
Hunted
Benin, Bots, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Moz, Namibia, Tanzania, Uganda, RSA, Zim, Zambia, Australia, NZ, Pakistan, Turkey, Croatia, Poland, Spain, England, Scotland, Romania, Argentina, Bolivia, Western US
A bit late on posting but I had a great short safari with Charl van Rooyen of Infinito Safaris in late April. I was actually accompanying my son in law on his first African adventure and originally planned to hunt birds and a Limpopo bushbuck while Brian did the majority of the shooting. However Charl had a cancellation buff available and when it comes to hunting buffalo I really can’t control my impulses. Needless to say, despite a rocky start with Delta maintenance issues, which meant no luggage for a day or two… the hunt was a rousing success. My son in law is hooked and had a fantastic first safari. I took a nice buffalo and a big bushbuck. Only lacking the Abyssinian bushbuck to complete them all. And when bird season officially opened on May 1 we had a fun day chasing francolin and guniea fowl. Charl and Andrea Krueger were excellent hunters and hosts. Camp couldn’t have been nicer! Heartily recommend!

IMG_3258.jpeg
IMG_3254.jpeg
IMG_3219.jpeg
IMG_3214.jpeg
IMG_3204.jpeg
IMG_3181.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great buff, congrats :D Cheers:

Love the Buffalo-always wanted to hit afew birds while I am there, will have to try harder to fit that in next trip. Congratulations to you and extended family

Looks like a fine safari shared with your son in law. I look forward to taking my son in law on his first African safari sometime in the next couple of years. Appreciate you sharing your experience with us here on the forum.

Looks like a great trip. I have a buddy hunting with them next year for his first trip.

Congrats on such a great hunt.
Thanks for sharing.
I'll be hunting with them in 2025 for some night critters.

Charl hosts a fine experience with a lot of variety in the game you can hunt. Rest assured you gentlemen will have a great time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jolandon24

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]