Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
PHASA
Hunted
South Africa, Botswana and Namibia
Memorable visit to Mafojani Hunting Safaris

We arrived by air in three Gyrocopters at the immaculate Mafojani landing strip late afternoon and we were met by the manager Pieter Bornman and a number of his staff.

IMG_20160828_090802.jpg

They were patiently waiting for us to arrive and each staff member personally greeted us and introduced themselves and assisted in unloading the gyros. Welcome beverages were provided and enjoyed on the short drive to the main lodge.

The lodge is absolutely beautiful, clean and well-appointed and has an amazing elevated view which offers the most incredible sunsets whilst sipping on any beverage of your choice with pre dinner snacks.

A dip pool and swimming pool are available to those who want to cool off.

The staff are all polite and smartly dressed and more than willing to assist with any request. The meals were top notch and the snacks provided throughout the day ensured that we were never hungry.

The separate chalets are all well-presented and provide excellent accommodation each with their own shower or bath and toilet and of course lovely view.

Again, Pieter was a superb host and an asset to Mafojani Lodge and nothing was too much trouble and ensured that all our culinary and game drive needs were met and exceeded.

The highlight of our stay was the evening braai (barbeque for overseas visitors) in the dry river bed. The staff set up chairs, tables, drinks and prepared superb food on the open fire. We enjoyed hours of good food, company and good wine into the night.

IMG_20160827_180222.jpg

As far as value for money is concerned, I would rate this Lodge as excellent value.

Would I recommend Mafojani Lodge? Without a doubt – one of the best we have visited over the many years of touring in South Africa!

I look forward to our next visit to the Lodge in the near future…. The sooner the better!

Regards,
Leo Levine

Attachments

• IMG_20160827_180222.jpg
    IMG_20160827_180222.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 190
Last edited by a moderator:
I want one of those Gyrocopters.... Can you just imagine the game spotting?

It is amazing, you get both the adrenalin rush and a spectacular view

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPoteet

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?