SOUTH AFRICA: Hard Boss Buffalo Down In RSA

Congratulations on ending your exercise session with good success.

Reactions: cls
Nice bull, well done

Thank you to everyone. I still am on cloud 9. I told someone to punch me to ensure I wasn't dreaming.

The PH said it was the fastest he's ever seen a buff go down. The weird lefty rifle worked just fine. ;-) About a 60yd shot through very heavy brush. After the shit he ran maybe 20yds and started the death bellow.

This bull was with a group of slightly younger bulls. They definitely took exception to me shooting their friend. The tracker had a special look on his face that said we needed to back off and wait a few minutes for him to stop bellowing. ;-)

04AD6857-6301-438E-842F-8E7AB5D92B18.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
When you have time, AR....give a few more details.....would love to hear more about your hunt.....well done...........FWB

Sounds like that 15 mile hike was before the shot. BTW that is a nice Buffalo, hopefully the first of many.

Great buffalo! Good to see you are safe and sound and the other buffalo's didn't cause any problem.

Congrats, nice buff !

Sweeeeeeeet!

Nice job!

Curious to know the shot angle/bullet path that kept that TSX inside the buff.

Congratulations! Is that factory ammo? Or a handload? Any issues with the red dot?

Congratulations! Is that factory ammo? Or a handload? Any issues with the red dot?

Handload. 114gr H4350 under the 450gr TSX.
The red dot was ideal for this hunt. I wanted something unobtrusive yet quick to get on target.

The buff was looking right at us. The skinner said it was a perfect heart shot. Not sure where they recovered the bullet. I assume it was towards the hind end of the animal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blaubeerchen44

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg