SOUTH AFRICA: First Safari Hunt Report African Wild Safaris South Africa

Day 4 We got serious. Ate breakfast at 5:15 and left shortly thereafter and drove an hour or so in the dark to get to where I missed the Kudu the day before. We picked up his track at daylight and followed. We got a good look at him an hour or later and he was the one we wanted. We saw 6 other Kudu Bulls, mostly young and a variety of other game. We saw him several times but never with even a chance for a shot. Noon came and went, and we stayed after it. Finally, about 2 pm we got our chance. He made a mistake, hanging out under a tree watching his backtrail with the wind in our favor, and we got our shot. He taped out just over 50" with good mass and to me looked huge.
Kudu.jpg

In a funny side note my good friend's son took a great kudu the day before. When we all walked to the skinning shed after dinner, I said to my friend's son "Wow, your Kudu is almost as big as mine". He agreed and complimented me on my big bull. I picked up the bigger one, and it was his! His was 54".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamespatterson5

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with