Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
British Deer Society, British Association of Shooting & Conservation
Hunted
South Africa
A big thanks to Johan and his family of @EXECUTIVE HUNT AFRICA who made me feel very welcome last week.

I have recently won a contract which will mean regular travel to Jo'burg, however I will always be time poor on the work trips so was looking for somewhere not too far from the city to hunt. I asked a cousin who lives near Pretoria about options and Johan and his team came highly recommended, I was also able to, of course check out reviews on this site.

This first visit was literally a few hours so, I intended to use it as a recce visit rather than rushing a hunt. With very little notice from me (as my schedule had changed) Johan and his son Johannes collected me at Jo'burg airport off the plane at 11.30 hours. An hour's drive we were at their beautiful house eating a very tasty buffalo pasta bake lunch.

Johan showed me the area from a local mountain top viewpoint at Hartbeespoort and then, for the last couple hours of light we did a game drive through one of his concessions near his house. It was extraordinary to think, just over an hour from the sprawling financial capital of ZA you were in this beautiful area of bushveld with rolling (and some high) hills. We saw a wide range of game including buffalo, sable, giraffe, wildebeest, blesbok, kudu & impala.

It was then back to Johan's house where the guest wing has an amazing trophy/dining room for a warm shower and cold beer. Johan's lovely family then joined us for a braai, some of Johan's own beef steaks, fantastic food. The guest suite has a very comfortable double bedroom and larger groups stay in the lodges in one of the concessions. They have a large range of rifles and calibres guests can hire.

The next morning Johan then delivered me to the door of where I was meeting my client at 07.00 hours in the city centre.

Highly recommended.

Thank you for visiting us, Lancaster! Make sure to stay longer next time!
IMG_20240916_211327.jpg
IMG-20240916-WA0038.jpg
IMG-20240916-WA0037.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StarMajors

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Shaker Crew | Kids Sweatshirt
https://www.braveactiveco.com/products/knit-sweatshirt
Comfortable and premium quality Knit Sweatshirt. Our Knit Sweatshirt is crafted with our exquisite recycled fabric, ensuring a soft and lightweight feel.
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia