South Africa Bowhunting Recommendations

I had a great hunt with Limcroma last year.
If you have time, tell me about your hunt. Did you hunt 1 property or many? which lodge did you stay at? Did you hunt many different blinds? Was the PH with you or did you have a radio? How many animals and species did you see everyday? Thank you..

Thank you for contacting me. I looked at your website and there isnt anything about bowhunting. Do you gun hunt and bow hunt on the same property?
We do have 2 dedicated bow areas, but also hunt bow on our gun areas aswell, depending on the species you would like to hunt.
I will go amd have a look at the website, there normally is a whole section for bowhunting

We are looking for a list of great destinations for Bowhunting in South Africa.
I second the recommendation for Limcroma Safaris. Hands down, the best bowhunting outfitter I have ever hunted with in Africa or otherwise... Hannes owns several huge private bow-only properties, and the majority of his PHs are all avid bowhunters themselves. They cover all the small details that really make a difference.

@BSO Dave Agreed!

Another recommendation for @Limcroma Safaris. (y)

Our PH Guillaume was one of the most knowledgeable bowhunters we have ever hunted with. Limcroma runs a first-class operation in every way. I can't recommend them highly enough!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have time, tell me about your hunt. Did you hunt 1 property or many? which lodge did you stay at? Did you hunt many different blinds? Was the PH with you or did you have a radio? How many animals and species did you see everyday? Thank you..

Many properties but most were connected. I think they have over 200k acres. We were at the Sable Valley camp, which is fantastic. I’m booked to go back in 2026. I hunted many different blinds but my PH was always with me. I ended up getting 11 animals in 10 days. Animals per day varied.

I plan on hunting with the top bow hunting only operations over there in the future so this is an interesting thread. I have hunted with Dries Visser multiple times and will be hunting with him again in a couple of weeks along with another trip to Bushmen Safaris who I visited in 2021. I hunted with African Arrow last year. I don't think you can go wrong with any of these.

I'll add another vote for Dries Visser. I brought my entire family (dad, mom, wife, and two daughters). My dad and I bowhunted and the rest were observers. They let my daughters each hunt a day with crossbows and didn't charge for a hunting day just the animals they took. It was first class all the way! Great people there.

I plan on hunting with the top bow hunting only operations over there in the future so this is an interesting thread. I have hunted with Dries Visser multiple times and will be hunting with him again in a couple of weeks along with another trip to Bushmen Safaris who I visited in 2021. I hunted with African Arrow last year. I don't think you can go wrong with any of these.
You will have a great hunt with Dries, Do you know who your PH will be? We were there last month and had a great trip, Can I send you some dog treats to take over for Charlie?
Its so hard getting info on these places these days. I am interested in bowhunting info, the story, what the day will be like, average shot, if gun hunters are on the property etc. Most of the places that contact me do not even show bowhunting on the website or pictures of the blinds or size of the property. It is tough getting info.
We spend a lot of money, my trip to Dries last month with flights was over 100K, I just got the dipping invoice at 3K and the animals have not shipped yet. So this is why we ask questions. Was it worth it, well hell yes! but we want to make sure if we choose another outfitter it is more than an American spending money, but a trip that is amazing. I went to Bushmen many times, They are also a great place, and I hope to return one day to the first place I went back in the early 90's. African Arrow also is on my Radar and I hope to see them at SCI in January. I am looking forward to hearing about your trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiltonMahn