SOUTH AFRICA: BOTSWANA: Kruger N.P., Chobe N.P. & An Excellent Hunt With Numzaan Safaris

You most definitely did not offend in the least. Was a pleasure amd thanks for the compliments :)

IdaRam,
Hope your back is feeling better. What a trip and some great animals. Sounds like at the end of the day, the hunt was exactly what you wanted.
Karol and I hunted at Kamboo with Numzaan back in 2013. It was our first hunt in Africa. Had a great time! Magda is a great cook and every meal was fancier than any place you can eat in Idaho Falls. The deserts were amazing. Bet I gained 5 pounds. I really liked the menu put up at every meal It was great to know what (African game) you were eating.
We bought our hunt at an NRA banquet, added days and animals. Jean Louise was supposed to be our PH at first, but he was overbooked and we hunted with Kannas Kannemeyer. JL was there at camp with us and is a top notch guy. I am glad to have met him and would hunt with him any day. We put 9 in the salt. Most of them scored SCI book, not that we are into that, but Kannas would not let us shoot anything smaller even on a donated hunt.
Thank you for posting your report and sharing your pictures. It has brought back a lot of memories for Karol and I.

Thanks JTT, the back is doing better but still have a little ways to go before I want to strap on a pack this fall :)
Boy, can I relate to your comment on Magda's desserts! Works of art that taste even better than they look. If you don't gain weight at Kamboo you must have a tape worm :D
Glad to hear you enjoyed your hunt there as well. They've got some exciting things going on that bode well for the future.

Serval is no walk in the park, a large civet isn't easy either. Leopard would be easy...right now.

Congrats on a great hunt! Thanks for letting us tag along via your report!!!

Congrats Dan, that was a great hunt, you enjoyed yourself and got very good trophies !

That civet is just fantastic.

Dan all I can say is WOW!!!!! Congrats brother what a hunt and an excellent report. The civet and Serval both are amazing trophies. I'm a bit of a cat head myself and would love to take those two one day. I can say without a doubt that will be a hunt you will remember forever. In all honesty as stressful and nerve racking as it is last minute bucket list trophies are by far the sweetest. Congrats again and this report has really got me Africa sick. Only about 8 more months to go for me :eek::eek::eek::eek: and I will finally be back to the holly land.

Dan all I can say is WOW!!!!! Congrats brother what a hunt and an excellent report. The civet and Serval both are amazing trophies. I'm a bit of a cat head myself and would love to take those two one day. I can say without a doubt that will be a hunt you will remember forever. In all honesty as stressful and nerve racking as it is last minute bucket list trophies are by far the sweetest. Congrats again and this report has really got me Africa sick. Only about 8 more months to go for me :eek::eek::eek::eek: and I will finally be back to the holly land.
Thanks gizmo! Totally agree, last minute success adds something extra special to a trophy.
8 months is going to be here before you know it. What is on the docket this time? :)

Thanks gizmo! Totally agree, last minute success adds something extra special to a trophy.
8 months is going to be here before you know it. What is on the docket this time? :)
Well it's kinda my graduation present to myself as I'm supposed to get my bachelors this spring. Depends on how the classes work out, fall at the latest. Soooo Limpopo kudu is on the list, my wife told me I wasn't allowed to come home without a bull giraffe this time. God I love that women. And thanks to your report now I got a bad itch for Serval and Civet. Thanks :mad: :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I actually saw a small civet in 2015. We didn't have a permit so it was a no go. My ph was jumping across the bakkie to keep me from bailing out and whacking it. I didn't know you needed a permit. He caught me in time.

Well it's kinda my graduation present to myself as I'm supposed to get my bachelors this spring. Depends on how the classes work out, fall at the latest. Soooo Limpopo kudu is on the list, my wife told me I wasn't allowed to come home without a bull giraffe this time. God I love that women. And thanks to your report now I got a bad itch for Serval and Civet. Thanks :mad: :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
Congratulations man! That is awesome (y)
And they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks! :D
And you're welcome ;) Pretty sure that itch was there all along, I just kinda reminded ya to scratch it. Hey, that's what friends are for!

Thanks brother. This ol dog is freaking tired. I'm more excited about not having to have f'n class anymore than anything else. One less thing to deal with in daily life.
Yes sir, like I said before I'm kinda a cat hound anyway and I had forgotten how cool those little ones are. Though that Civet is humongous, I didn't know they got that big.

A cool trip would be Civet, caracal, and Serval. That would be a blast!

And throw in a bush pig since your gonna be likely doin some hunting at night anyway:-)

And throw in a bush pig since your gonna be likely doin some hunting at night anyway:)
Chuck not saying I wouldn't whack a bp if I had the chance but I have a hard time getting excited over them. I like warthogs but BP look too much like our pigs to get overly excited.
Now Jackal and hyena is a whole different story. Esp spotted hyena as I can bring it home.

Chuck not saying I wouldn't whack a bp if I had the chance but I have a hard time getting excited over them. I like warthogs but BP look too much like our pigs to get overly excited.
Now Jackal and hyena is a whole different story. Esp spotted hyena as I can bring it home.

Haha Ya. Jackel are super fun. We called them in evening and
what a blast to get them all stirred up. I shot one as an critter of opportunity during the day. Now, Spotted Hyena that would be especially super cool!

Haha Ya. Jackel are super fun. We called them in evening and
what a blast to get them all stirred up. I shot one as an critter of opportunity during the day. Now, Spotted Hyena that would be especially super cool!
Heck ya, Bob sent me a pick of his spotted hyena. Sooooo coooool

He got it back from the taxi the other day.

Yes! Caracal is still on the list. Next time maybe... Definitely Hyena! Gotta have one of them too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorrineCre

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim