SOUTH AFRICA: 2022 Hunt With Umlilo Safaris

That was a great hunt, congrats and thanks for sharing !

Thanx for writing the report and you certainly were busy whacking stuff if I may say ! Looks like a full on whack attack!

Yeah, my report sounds like I just went from shooting one animal after another but if I had included all the personal interest stuff the report would have been super long so I stuck to the stuff that's of main interest to me in other reports, the animals taken, shot location, rifle cartridge, bullet, and bullet penetration and expansion.

I forgot to mention other guests. There were four Hungarian hunters there for a few days. There was Lazlo, 68, and his two grandsons, Pieter, 17, and Andrash, 13, and Gabor. Also, John, from Pennsylvania, came for lion in company with outfitter Clive Perkins and Clive's son Tristan, 17, the youngest PH in South Africa.

View attachment 474339
I didn't get a photo of Clive, apparently, the man in the center here is an on-call PH. I can't remember his name as it was an unfamiliar Afrikaans one.
F81F12F3-EDBC-47AE-B2ED-EFA725DCF248.jpeg

here is a pic of Clive and Tristan. I just returned from a hunt with them. Very enjoyable

Yep, that's them. Thanks.

Congratulations on a very successful trip, you have some very nice animals. I especially like your duiker and Steenbock. Thanks for sharing your hunt report!

Great report, glad you had a good hunt. I hunted with Umlillo last year, stayed at same place for my lion portion of our many area hunt, my report is posted on here. Not short and sweet, I rambled on and wrote the parts you skipped. I never shot as many critters as you, lion, sable and gemsbok, we only went on the 1000 acre side for a quick 2 hr look, it was saved for some US clients with more hit list animals. Ian and Francois were my PH's but Harvey was PH for the lion portion.

Glad you had a good time. Thanks for sharing.

MB

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacquettaM

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]