Sold Winchester Safari Express 375 H&H

Longtime lurker here...I found this thread, don't know if that helps or not.
Yep, same rifle for sale from March 2020 from a different seller. SCAM ALERT!

YEP...perfect example of "If its too good to be true, then...." as the rifle would do $1500-1800 on line IMMEDIATELY without the scope right now! The scope/mounts would do another $400-$500 pretty quickly as well. Hmmmm... :unsure: o_O Would have been a mind boggling deal for sure.

WITH ALL THAT SAID...Ill take it but seller has to ship to FFL/shop first and then ill overnight the payment once the package arrives as described.

Last edited:
Either op purchased from original seller and is using stock photos. Or they got hacked I assume
Maybe, but I doubt the photos from the classifieds here with the rifle displayed on the couch would have been retained by the original purchaser on here? This seller could be Chicken Farmers reincarnated to wreak havoc and revenge on those here who exposed his scamming ass awhile back.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ldmay375 as been banned for now.
Good move for now. I don't believe the seller of these current items is the true Idmay375 member here? I think the scammer somehow managed to get his profile posted to sell non existent firearms via the Zelle payment option. Thanks for getting on this Jerome!

Good move for now. I don't believe the seller of these current items is the true Idmay375 member here? I think the scammer somehow managed to get his profile posted to sell non existent firearms via the Zelle payment option. Thanks for getting on this Jerome!
I see the same way. BUT
Krish

All, I’m backing out of this. This seller is either a Scammer or a very unprofessional character.

I’ve reported this thread and STRONGLY SUGGEST EXTREME CAUTION DEALING WITH THIS SELLER.

Good Luck.
By The way I would like to praise @rnovi for being cautious and reporting this strange activity to us. There is definitely something not right here but not sure yet what is going on.

Wow! One can never be too sure, which is a shame. We all try to deal in good faith but the bad players are out there. That was a close call. Glad it got kinda sorted before funds changed hands.

I just bought a great deal from a new seller on gunbroker. I used GunTab which is a new escrow service that’s sort of trying to become the PayPal of guns. Couldn’t be happier.

It looks like it is a workable solution when you are not sure of seller or buyer.
Krish

Jerome in AH. I am sure he did or waiting to hear from him directly or through on of his real contacts. That is why the screen name Idmay375 is banned. As it could have been compromised.
Krish
@krish, I have not contacted @ldmay375 for various reasons and the email associated with the member's account may have been changed. I'm sort of perplex has to what has happened here as it is not clear. As of now I believe that his account may have been usurped by a scammer. If someone uses similar or the same password on multiple accounts and his information has been exposed in a data breach it can be sold on the dark web and be used in many circumstances and by many different scammers using different scams. I will certainly restore @ldmay375 if he contacts me and can prove he is the original member and not someone else.

I whole heartedly recommend to use different passwords for all of your accounts and a good way to do that is to use a password manager like 1Password and there are others like it. This was one of the best decisions I've made security and time management wise. If you do online banking such a tool is a necessity, you will not regret it but if you don't you might. Things can happen very quickly in this digital landscape where we are all buying, selling and banking. It may save you a lot of grief, perhaps money and make your life so much easier...

Op is a long time member here...he may have had his account hacked. I'd hold off accusing the seller direct, @ldmay375 , until AH investigates this as it could be a hacker using his account if you're experiencing unscrupulous communication from them.

Definitely agree. It could indeed be a hacked account at work or some kind of misunderstanding. Would definitely hold off on all purchases until this stuff is sorted out.

Either op purchased from original seller and is using stock photos. Or they got hacked I assume

Hacked account is my bet.
I was definitely hacked.

Longtime lurker here...I found this thread, don't know if that helps or not.
Damn good eye. I definitely did Not place any ad on this rifle. I my account was hacked by some scumbag scammer.
Jerome was able to square my account away, after I discovered this situation.

Damn good eye. I definitely did Not place any ad on this rifle. I my account was hacked by some scumbag scammer.
Jerome was able to square my account away, after I discovered this situation.
@ldmay375, Thank you for shining in this thread.

I want to be very clear, unequivocally your account was not hacked on AH. If anything the password that you used on AH you had used the same password or similar elsewhere where a data breach was experienced. You may even had used the same username which makes it that much easier for someone who buys your information on the dark web to execute a scam.

More about this here:

I’m always leery of firearm purchases with Zelle. Once the money is sent it’s gone. I put it with western union for modern scams.

Good catch. Stay vigilant.

@ldmay375, Thank you for shining in this thread.

I want to be very clear, unequivocally your account was not hacked on AH. If anything the password that you used on AH you had used the same password or similar elsewhere where a data breach was experienced. You may even had used the same username which makes it that much easier for someone who buys your information on the dark web to execute a scam.

More about this here:
Jerome, thanks for squaring this away !
Yes, I have the same user name on several outdoor/hunting forums. Some that have been dormant for many years. Probably some that I have totally forgotten about.
Thanks again for your time squaring this away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LenoraChap

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg