So you think you need to own a Stopping Rifle...

Agreed, when I do a range session with my 500 Jeffery its quite often 20 rounds or so and it doesn't bother me at all.
I couldn’t imagine 20 rounds at a range session with a 500 Jeffery. I limit myself to 3 with my 450 Rigby and a lot of dry fire practice on empties. The recoil is just too severe to enjoy.

I’ve sent 100 factory loads of my 458WM down range in a single session.

All are manageable but the Hornady loads were the least fun.

1729210078298.jpeg

.577 NE Peregrine BushMaster VRG3 bullet, cape buffalo terminal velocity 1,800 fps.

I couldn’t imagine 20 rounds at a range session with a 500 Jeffery. I limit myself to 3 with my 450 Rigby and a lot of dry fire practice on empties. The recoil is just too severe to enjoy.
I once did 28 rounds off the bench in one session with my .577NE. Too much!

If you failed the brain couldn’t you just give a shot to the heart/lungs as they take off? Fairly large area? (No elephant experience here).

This guy went heart/lung to head shot, I thought it interesting. Although first shot is through the trunk (??)

A heart lung shot will surprise you how far they can run especially if they are near another country or outfitters area meaning they can run to where you cannot go

I once did 28 rounds off the bench in one session with my .577NE. Too much!
I wouldn’t do that with any hunting cartridge. I generally try to limit myself to 5 rounds and max 10 for a particular circumstance and with the 450 max of 3. I go for the shoot more often and shoot less approach. I should also add though I don’t enjoy shooting at all. I only practice shooting so I know I’m proficient for upcoming hunts.

If you failed the brain couldn’t you just give a shot to the heart/lungs as they take off? Fairly large area? (No elephant experience here).

This guy went heart/lung to head shot, I thought it interesting. Although first shot is through the trunk (??)

If you’re hunting scrub, you’re likely shooting through a hole. A second shot is unlikely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roberthiz

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Shaker Crew | Kids Sweatshirt
https://www.braveactiveco.com/products/knit-sweatshirt
Comfortable and premium quality Knit Sweatshirt. Our Knit Sweatshirt is crafted with our exquisite recycled fabric, ensuring a soft and lightweight feel.
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia