So you think you need to own a Stopping Rifle...

Agreed, it's the diameter of the bullet, given that the construction and design of the bullets are similar.
I have found that, within reason, diameter and design of the bullet is more significant than the velocity.
As mentioned, I have killed several cape buffalo with 410 grain CEB Safari Raptors in a .50-110 Win. at 1,950 fps, muzzle velocity. All one shot, double lungs. DTR.

Brian
I really want to read all your hunt reports with that rifle. :D

You will find much lower felt recoil using IMR3031achieving your same FPS versus your H4895. Sorry I only had loads for my 500 NE not the Jeffery or I would supply them
Also and this has probably been said…to me it’s about want not need. I loved my 375, 404 and 450-400 but “wanted” my 470 not thinking of a stopping rifle I just wanted it

Ontario and Mondki,
Yes, DRT means "dead right there.+ I thought it was a common acronyms. My bad.
WTF. Brian

I really want to read all your hunt reports with that rifle. :D
Certus,
Thank you for your kind words.
Here is the only one that I can find right now. Sorry, it's an old one. This link to AH has the story "Never Mind The Bull" and the video. You just have to scroll half a page to find them both.
Enjoy, Brian

Ontario and Mondki,
Yes, DRT means "dead right there.+ I thought it was a common acronyms. My bad.
WTF. Brian
Or "dropped right there"? Or "dirty rotten turd?" This acronym seems to come up a lot in double gun threads so I'm leaning more towards the second explanation. WTF? Want to fart?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBMShirlee

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.