Sneaky Silent Shoes

If you can roll your feet in your boots, then you can walk quietly in the bush. Many times you will have to stop and reset your feet in the field to walk quietly.

What's your opinion on the "silent" shoes? EX: R.M. 'Thula Thula', to be specific these are shoes without a traditional external sole with the idea that these will be quieter than those with traditional rubber grip soles. My biggest concern with this footwear is essentially everything OUTSIDE of stalking... Moving quickly to get behind cover, fleeing a charging animal, any sort of quick sudden 'in the moment motion' that needs to be done 'in the heat of the moment', you ever slipped over? I am hoping more experienced individuals that use or have used these style of shoes/boots will chime in and give their experiences.
View attachment 618786

For Africa, A pair of courteneys with the tractor sole, you can walk pretty darned quiet and you don't slip when climbing gomas and kopis.

The russels are cool, but you need to make sure you get them with the thorn proof inner sole or you'll have a spike go right through. They probably will quiet down when they are very worn and turn to suede, but at what cost of traction and longevity?

In the States for ultimate quiet, bowhunters will buy premium wool tube socks and dip the soles in rubber. No protection, but that's how you walk up corn rows with a bow and shoot a buck at 15 yards. It wouldn't work in Africa, you'd be at the hospital with sepsis and tetanus after a 100 yard walk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yuvbfsgf365

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Shaker Crew | Kids Sweatshirt
https://www.braveactiveco.com/products/knit-sweatshirt
Comfortable and premium quality Knit Sweatshirt. Our Knit Sweatshirt is crafted with our exquisite recycled fabric, ensuring a soft and lightweight feel.
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia