Snakes!

The king cobra is Ophiophagus hannah. The word Ophiophagus means "snake-eater."
Here in the Southeast we have a couple of species of king snake that make a living eating venomous snakes, I’ve seen several with cottonmouths half way down their gullet. The eastern indigo also enjoy snacking on copperheads and the odd rattlesnake every now and again.

Picking up your doves can get spicy! luckily this guy alerted me of his presence before I stuck my hand in the grass to pick up my bird. After the photo op I let him go, I dont kill snakes.
View attachment 632422
SNAKE HANDLER HUH, THEY DONT HESITAT TO KILL YOU!

Indigo snake in southwestern Texas a few years ago. Very calm snake, allowed me to pick him up, probably close to 7’ long. I’ve seen bigger, but never got close enough to catch them.

View attachment 632424

Ed Z
IDK--is an indigo the same as a black racer?

Yesterday hunting high country for grouse. Came across multiple garter snakes and this little green snake. Pissy as could be and didn’t want to have its picture taken!

IMG_0389.png

Beautiful little snake. What kind of snake is it? I didn’t know we had snakes like that in the US.

Definitely not a gila monster-but they are scary cool as well!
IMG_0390.jpeg

I confess I had to google it and this is what I believe is the correct answer, but most I know about snakes is they creep me out, even the cute little green ones!

Beautiful little guy, and knowing myself I would have tried to catch it. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Pretty boring little fella, not one of the big 5 or tiny ten!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdrianCart

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles