Smith & Wesson 686 Revolver

as much as I like a .357, I have been carrying this S&W md 624 in 44 spl in a high rise hip holster with 240 hard cast keith style bullets at 900 fps for woods carry.

DSCN0148 (3).JPG
DSCN0151 (2).JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure about the current manufactured 686 but S&W did some quality revolvers over A LOT of years!
6” 686 you probably can’t go wrong!
.357 is plenty versatile and a proven performer. This combination is an absolute mainstay in pistol clubs all over Australia.
Here’s an abbreviated view of my 25m Service Pistol. 686 4” with bobbed hammer, DA only and a set VZ’s to cap it off. The worked DA pull is like butter......
Hope you enjoy your purchase.

DCF60296-9AF5-48A0-A05D-A5321814C968.jpeg
 
My .357 revolvers pre date the 686 by a bit:
Ben shooting M19 .357 in 4 and 6 inch since 1970s.
When "on" with pistol silhouettes, no deer sized critter was safe within 100 yards.
I especially like a cross draw holster when working a deer lease or just knocking around. +1 on the shot shells as rattlesnake medicine.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,407
Messages
1,575,250
Members
170,239
Latest member
Jon66J1482
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top