Small gifts for PH and tracker

You really need to try hunting with more than one outfitter before making statements about most outfitters.
I give cash to trackers/skinners all the time. This year was the second time for the same trackers/skinners so I brought them knives and Kevlar skinning gloves in addition to the cash.

I'm heading to Botswana in 2 weeks(4th trip there). When I asked PH about bringing cigarettes, Leatherman, etc for workers his answer was "clothes would be greatly appreciated." So I've filled up a large suitcase with 5 full sets of clothing, socks and shoes, long and short pants, tshirts, work shirts and fleece jackets. Workers can't afford new clothes and rarely get to Maun where they could find clothing.

Here's an idea. Load up an extra box or two of DGR ammo for PH or outfitter. But fill the cases with magnum primers instead of powder. Then pull the bullets at the lodge. I'm hearing the primer shortage over there is much worse than here ... if that's even possible. Wait ... if x-ray can see inside the cases it would look like smuggling pills. Maybe not a good idea afterall. :unsure:

If I hunted with a 375, I'd be hauling over as much ammo as the airline limit allows and leaving it as a tip. If the lodge owner doesn't need it, he will know someone who does.

Next trip I am bringing a case of this! Found it yesterday here in Florida.

IMG_7505.jpeg

If you can, find out if they smoke. If so, a carton of cigarettes would be more than appreciated.
I have made a habit of buying a carton or two of the local smokes when I arrive and handing out a couple of packs every morning to the guys on the truck. It seems to be appreciated.

Going on my first Safari in 12 days. Do you normally take a small gift for PH and tracker? If so what are so ideas?
"Cash is king".
A true word from R 8

I took my older office shirts with me last time and was surprised that they were more popular than the hunting shirts I left there.
Black people like to dress smartly and as elegantly as possible when they are not on safari duty (if they have the opportunity).
I was often ashamed of white tourists who boarded an airplane in Africa dressed down and looked like they had been pulled out of the gutter
Would never occur to a black person.

Last edited:
Of course cash for all. I always give my trackers some clothing that they can't get in Africa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asrsportsmedicine

Latest profile posts

buckstix wrote on magnum308's profile.
yes ..please send me a copy ... buckstix@aol.com
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .

IMG_3426.jpeg
IMG_2910.jpeg
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?