Skulls on shield taxidermy piece

I cut out some cardboard templates, neighbor gave me some oak boards from a tree on the property, brother cut and routered the plaques and I stained and finished them. I took the skulls as they came to me dipped and packed, whitened them with hydrogen peroxide and attached them. Simple
This is the stuff I used to whiten from a local beauty supply store.

Attachments

• 20231213_190905.jpg
    20231213_190905.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 11
I am a big fan of mixing Euros and traditional taxidermy. The plaque upon which they are mounted can make a big difference. Generally, I prefer the traditional German / Austrian look to the full skull mount that has become popular in this country. Maybe they should be called Americos or something. I particularly don't care for the angled look. However, it is all about personal taste and you should do what fits your environment. By the way, I do all of my antlered game as Euros.

Fallow stag prepared by a Austrian taxidermist using a traditional Baroque style plaque.
Fallow Deer Stag European Mount Taxidermy

Warthog tusks on traditional Germanic plaques.
Warthog plaques

Red Stag, Chamois, and European wild boar
View attachment 619701

I think they work together well with normal taxidermy, furniture, art, and other collectables.
View attachment 619702
View attachment 619704
View attachment 619705
Red leg everytime i see your display I am envious. I can only hope to one day display a collection such as yours in such a classic manner. Looks like an excellent space to share a glass or two of scotch with a friend. I have plans for one of our spare bedrooms but I haven’t convinced my wife to let me take it over yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anibal67M7

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.