Show me your Red HB mounts

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Joined
Jul 21, 2011
Messages
14,468
Reaction score
38,336
Location
North Carolina
Media
448
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
10
USA/Canada
1
Australia/NZ
1
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Eastern Cape, Free State, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania, Uganda
As the title says, show me your mounts. Trying to decide on how to get mine done.

Thank you
 
Straight, because I knew where it was going.

RH.jpg


W.jpg
 
This was my first African animal, taken in 2017. A standard shoulder mount. I now favor pedestal wall mounts.

IMG_2010.jpg
 
Hey @Fatback , when in Aug are you going and what outfitter?
 
@Hunt anything, I leave August 5th. I’ll be hunting buffalo in the Caprivi, elephant in Bushmanland and if time allows, I hope to spend a few days hunting PG about an hour or so out of Windhoek, red heartabeast, blue wildebeest and kudu and maybe eland will be on the menu there.

The elephant and buffalo will be with Thormalen & Chochran. The PG around Windhoek will be at Bergzicht Game Lodge. The owner/operator of Bergzicht is a friend of mine and he arranged all the hunts. It will be my 5th hunt with him or that he has arranged for me in Namibia over the years.
 
Good luck, I’ll be in the Limpopo on the 12th
 
IMG_1121.jpeg


This is the normal form angle with a little added shoulder. In hindsight, I'd alter the neck/head position to be a more 130-degree turn over his shoulder than the shown 90 degree angle. Next time :LOL:
 
Last edited:
This is not my mount. It's off Highveld taxidermy site. I get my stuff back in 6 to 8 months and this is their in house custom form. I really dig the long wall pedistal pose
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20250517_160802_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20250517_160802_Messages.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 110
I love that highveld form. Rh do make a nice euro mount-long and skinny with cool horns
image.jpg
 
Right turn, to oppose a KS pronghorn that was already facing opposite on that wall.
1000026507.jpg
20250621_130919.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,252
Messages
1,570,742
Members
169,139
Latest member
MaurineLow
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top