SHOTGUN: o/u or pump?

Those wondering about the popularity of the 16 gauge popularity in the US should check out the website SixteenGaugeSociety.Com It will show that the 16 is not only surviving but thriving.
Thank you so much for the suggestion , sir. I have just taken a quick glance at it. The 16 bore is a beautiful calibre for upland bird hunting . It appears to be enjoying a renaissance in America in recent years.
 
Major Khan,
The hammer single break pictured is a Hopkins & Allen. Not particularly expensive when made back around 1900 +/-. Mostly a utility gun I think for the average farmer or rural family in the US. I found this gun abandoned and leaning against a cottonwood stump in a slough area behind our farm when I was 9 years old. It was a little rusty but functional after a good cleaning. I learned shotgun wing shooting with it. :)

Pic is receiver and barrel of this 16 ga

H&A 16 ga.png
H&A 16 ga barrel .JPG
 
Last edited:
Since you started this thread eight and a half years ago and you probably now live in Tibet, I can only say I’ve never experienced any jams or stoppages with my two Remington 1100s (12&20ga), Remington 11-87 (12ga) and newest Remington V3 (12ga). ALL semi autos priced for a working man’s budget. But, even the attached article surprised me! They might even let you own one in Tibet?
As a side note, my father in law has a Benelli Super Black Eagle that he bought new for $1800 us, and he has had a couple jamming problems with it.

C3BF3EC2-E63A-4F5C-8D9B-E0F008026AF1.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,327
Messages
1,573,017
Members
169,684
Latest member
inpucnecat1977
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top