Shortest route to a 300 H&H?

Had my Win XTR to the range today with its favorite load. It did not disappoint.

Old thread revival! I was contemplating buying a CZ action from Wayne at AHR, then a barrel from somewhere, and then a custom stock. Finally, I would have it all put together by some gunsmith. Wayne recommended a fellow in Montana.
Not all at once because I can't afford that haha. Am I crazy?

Old thread revival! I was contemplating buying a CZ action from Wayne at AHR, then a barrel from somewhere, and then a custom stock. Finally, I would have it all put together by some gunsmith. Wayne recommended a fellow in Montana.
Was it Dennis Olsen in MT. He did my 404J conversion (Win M70 in 300 RUM). Does great work for a fair price and fairly quick turnaround. The long wait was getting the Krieger barrel.

Was it Dennis Olsen in MT. He did my 404J conversion (Win M70 in 300 RUM). Does great work for a fair price and fairly quick turnaround. The long wait was getting the Krieger barrel.
It was a chap named Noah Hathorne in Plains Montana. I have not been able to find any info on him.

It was a chap named Noah Hathorne in Plains Montana. I have not been able to find any info on him.

Dennis Olsen is in Plains, MT. I'm wondering if Noah Hathorne might be working with Dennis and possibly taking over the business if Dennis is retiring.

I had a similar thought. I have an extra Interarms Whitworth Express Rifle stock and a set of the three leaf British Express open sights. Recently there was an Interarms magnum action for sale on this site, I would then just need to get a barrel and someone to put it all together to create a match for the 375 HH I have.

I am a fan of the caliber. I have a Boddington Kudu No. 1 and a 1959 Browning Safari. One of my more recent acquisitions from an online auction is a 1962 Browning Safari action and barrel in a custom stock and non Safari bottom metal. Before I saw the serial number I thought it might be a salt wood gun and when I pulled the action from the stock it is spotless. The stock is nice with raised panels but does not have any checkering. I would like to find someone to add checkering and some fine fitting of the stock (tang, bolt release, safety). I am not having much success in finding a gunsmith in my area (Virginia) to do that work, they are either too old (their words) or only work on synthetic long range shooting rifles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeyMcclar

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
DO YOU NEED FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE TO ENLARGE YOUR BUSINESS?
WE HELP INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES TO OBTAIN FINANCE FOR BUSINESS
EXPANDING AND TO SETUP A NEW BUSINESS RANGING ANY AMOUNT. GET FINANCE AT AFFORDABLE INTEREST RATE OF 3% contact us Pacific landing Whatsapp +91, Seven, Three, 0, Three, Three, Eight, Two, Six, Three, One
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?