Shooting the .600 Nitro Express

I thought some of the big Wildcats were a bit out of line, but things are getting ridiculous, imo.

600 Snap action Jeffery flanked by 557's:) Enjoy. EJ
022.JPG

Does that 600 sound noticeably different from any other big bore? ..

many thanks

With both loads, the 100gr Cordite equivalent and especially the 110gr Cordite equivalent, the recoil is slightly stronger than that of a DR caliber 577 Nitro Express for about the same weight of the rifles. Nevertheless, such a rifle is, apart from his top-heavy weight, usable for hunting. My a bit too light rifle caliber 500 Jeffery has a much more unpleasant recoil, but the manner of recoil is not comparable. A DR caliber 600 Nitro Express is imho the upper limit of what is usable in practice and the question is, since the beginning of the 20th century, whether we really needed such a rifle. The practical limit in the field is more like a DR caliber 577 Nitro Express.

With both loads, the 100gr Cordite equivalent and especially the 110gr Cordite equivalent, the recoil is slightly stronger than that of a DR caliber 577 Nitro Express for about the same weight of the rifles. Nevertheless, such a rifle is, apart from his top-heavy weight, usable for hunting. My a bit too light rifle caliber 500 Jeffery has a much more unpleasant recoil, but the manner of recoil is not comparable. A DR caliber 600 Nitro Express is imho the upper limit of what is usable in practice and the question is, since the beginning of the 20th century, whether we really needed such a rifle. The practical limit in the field is more like a DR caliber 577 Nitro Express.
Which maker 600 do you own and how much does it weigh?
EJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMBMaira26

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.