Shipping the big 5

62flint

AH fanatic
Joined
Jul 28, 2023
Messages
555
Reaction score
1,093
Media
3
Hunted
SA
Has any one heard or had any issues shipping any of the big 5 back to the states? I just spoke to my importer and they specifically asked if I had any of the big 5, stating they didnt know if it was a anti hunting thing or not but some of the airlines will not transport them.
Which causes more costs
 
Yes, anti-hunting. Turkish Airlines is the option now.
 
Your only airline that will ship big 5 is Turkish airlines, been that way since around 2015
 
Had cape buffalo bought in this year on Lufthansa.
 
I certainly do not wish to get anyone in trouble, but a "good buddy" of mine has recently imported multiple Big 5 animals on an airline not named Turkish. Also, a good buddy of the "good buddy" has done the same. All paperwork was in good order and the airline and USFWS knew what was included in the crates.
 
This is one point where a knowledgeable importer is light and day above any of the others that might do your importing.
 
I certainly do not wish to get anyone in trouble, but a "good buddy" of mine has recently imported multiple Big 5 animals on an airline not named Turkish. Also, a good buddy of the "good buddy" has done the same. All paperwork was in good order and the airline and USFWS knew what was included in the crates.
That’s very interesting, would really like to know how they managed it. There was a rumor that the airline from Israel may start a couple of years ago.
 
How was the price comparison?
This particular crate had 10 shoulder mounts, 2 euro mounts, and a couple backskins. The crate was 4' wide, 5' tall, and 8' long. The cost for shipping was about $6,500 if I remember correctly.
 
That’s very interesting, would really like to know how they managed it. There was a rumor that the airline from Israel may start a couple of years ago.
As I understand it, it's 100% legitimate. My "buddy" got quotes from three other willing airlines in addition to Turkish. In fact, it was Turkish that wouldn't carry leopards traveling through South Africa. Further, as @JimP has previously stated, a knowledgeable importer is a necessity.
 
Check carefully with Turkish, they will not accept most Cites 1 trophies !
 
Turkish wouldn’t export my leopard recently. Had it send via Ethiopian with no issues.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,371
Members
169,547
Latest member
JoniScorfi
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top