Shipping a rifle scope from Canada to the USA

Canadaboy

AH senior member
Reaction score
I know it can be a pain to export rifle scopes to Canada from the USA due to ITAR restrictions. Is it the same shipping a scope to the USA ?

I’m curious as I have a Swarovski Z6i 1-6x24 EE that I don’t have a use for, and should probably sell.

Also, what would be a reasonable price? It has the 4AI reticle, very light ring marks but otherwise excellent condition.

It’s my understanding that scopes over 4x require a export permit if they are permanently exported. Available on line, free, but it does require some paperwork.

I guess my question would be: "Where in Canada are you?" This could be important. For instance, I visit parts of Canada from time to time, and I often have personal items in my hand luggage...

It’s my understanding that scopes over 4x require a export permit if they are permanently exported. Available on line, free, but it does require some paperwork.
Yes, I have actually done online permanent export for rifle to Africa for lodge owner. Permanent export paperwork takes more time to process. However, US regs may require a registered importer receive the gun part. I know it's required to export gun parts from US. I have run into this countless times. Gun parts under $500 can be personly shipped to Canada from US via special "low value shipper" ... if one can be found.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bayshooter

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe
3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!