Shark diving

Siennacoyote

AH senior member
Reaction score
Any one add cage diving to see great whites visiting South Africa ? I reached out to some operators to start planning my trip before some things came up. I’m starting to think about it again and know South Africa has a large number of great whites . It seems like a great experience to add to a hunt . What were your experiences like? Any operators that are recommended or ones to avoid

I am going to follow this with interest. Thank You for posting the question

We did it in Mossel Bay back in 2015.

The operator gives you some different ideas on the great whites and just how threatened they are. We went out on a boat to seal island where they chumed some great whites in with fish blood and used a large tuna head to get them close to the cage and the boat.

The operator provided wet suits for those who wanted to go into the cage and the price included a sack lunch.

It was really quite interesting.

h8RGidw.jpeg

5i84pEH.jpeg
ogiVrkk.jpeg

Also add me to this list....I just returned from South Africa after an outstanding first trip to Bos en Dal with the venerable mdwest (our own forum favorite!) and am already planning a return trip. I'd definitely like to add a trip to Cape Town coupled with a shark dive upon my return to the Dark Continent!
More on the incredible Bos en Dal experience soon- Gerrit, Francois and Ricus friggin' rock!!!!

Provided a sack lunch? Are you sure that, in the provision of wets suits, you weren't the sack lunch??? hahahahaha- glad you had a good trip!
We did it in Mossel Bay back in 2015.

The operator gives you some different ideas on the great whites and just how threatened they are. We went out on a boat to seal island where they chumed some great whites in with fish blood and used a large tuna head to get them close to the cage and the boat.

The operator provided wet suits for those who wanted to go into the cage and the price included a sack lunch.

It was really quite interesting.

h8RGidw.jpeg

5i84pEH.jpeg
ogiVrkk.jpeg

I spend a good bit of time offshore fishing, and have never seen one. (I have seen a whale shark, however)

I'd love to see a Great White!

I'd love even more to reel one in!

This would probably be my experience, if in a cage...

I did that in SA many times and see the sharks .

When I have been to do the same in Farallon Islands, C.A., no shark show up.

Provided a sack lunch? Are you sure that, in the provision of wets suits, you weren't the sack lunch??? hahahahaha- glad you had a good trip!

You never know.

We did a tour from Port Elizabeth along the coast. Did some bungee jumping one evening and then the shark cage the next day and wandered around the penguins. Missed Table Mountain in Cape Town due to rain storms and cloud cover but then had a great time going through the wine country, ostrich farms, a cave tour ad a lot more on our way to Lesotho to take a horseback ride into a remote village to spend the night before heading back to Port Elizabeth for the flight home.

zPayRd1.jpeg
FgnzCCW.jpeg
h8N3EMw.jpeg

We actually spent more time after the hunt on the tour than we did hunting

I am curious on this as well- I must do this before I die

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DennisPoin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe
3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED