Semi custom rifle makers

Mdwise75

AH member
Reaction score
Been looking at MNR and Parkwest. What other builders am I missing? Looking to keep it at 18k and under. TIA

What is your project and where are you located? Matt Roberts is awesome and may be able to get you taken care of in your price point. Stock work has gotten incredibly expensive over the last 5 plus years.

If by chance you want a .375 H&H. Matt Roberts has a beautiful Satterlee British styled rifle for 13-14K from memory. I love that gun and have thought about it off and on.

Last edited:
Reactions: trg
What is your project and where are you located? Matt Roberts is awesome and may be able to get you taken care of in your price point. Stock work has gotten incredibly expensive over the last 5 plus years.

If by chance you want a .375 H&H. Matt Roberts has a beautiful Satterlee British styled rifle for 13-14K from memory. I love that gun and have thought about it off and on.
I've actually looked at that one too. I was thinking about a 416rem, but would probably get more use from a 375h&h.

I've actually looked at that one too. I was thinking about a 416rem, but would probably get more use from a 375h&h.
You get a lot more for your money in the secondary market and Stuart Satterlee builds an awesome Mauser action and rifle. I can’t remember how thick the recoil pad is on that rifle, but remember length of pull was slightly over 14. If that gun is close to fitting you, some tweaks can be made. I’m not worried about resale value on a lot of my guns, but many here will tell you (accurately) resale will be much cleaner with a 375 H&H, than a 416 Remington.

If you want a rifle built to your specifications, I suggest finding somebody that you are either in close proximity to or are willing to travel to to make final decisions and be fitted.

I really like:
John Boliger
Reto Buehller
Joe Smithson
Ryan Breeding

Matt Roberts build nice rifles, is a gentleman and uses great components. Here is a pair of integral barrels (500J & 375Hh) designed for him to mate to a GMA “slim” action and GMA express.

IMG_3768.jpg

IMG_3765.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buckwheatbuddy

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia
TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!