Selling a Scope from South Africa

Piet Brood

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
I am contemplating selling one of my Schmidt & Bender scopes. From my experience so far it seems that the majority of our members are in the USA.

Has anyone ever sold a scope from South Africa to the US? Are there any complexities other than shipping?

Best,
Louis

There should be no import issues in the US… the big problem you’re going to run into I think will be shipping costs… any savings experienced by you being willing to sell the scope at a lower price than someone in the US can obtain one here will likely be offset by the super high costs to ship from SA to the US…

That said… for the right price, I’m willing to bet a hunter that plans on visiting SA next year would be willing to coordinate with his outfitter to pick it up when he is in SA…you could avoid the international shipping costs just by having it delivered to the outfitter.. and then the hunter just puts it in his bags and brings it home the next time he is over to hunt…

Thanks Dave!

I’ll see when I have time to get good pictures and load them up.

Best,
Louis

Just sell it to a south african

Thanks Stuart.

I’ll look into some local platforms too.

Best,
Louis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Desmond12

Latest profile posts

Shaker Crew | Kids Sweatshirt
https://www.braveactiveco.com/products/knit-sweatshirt
Comfortable and premium quality Knit Sweatshirt. Our Knit Sweatshirt is crafted with our exquisite recycled fabric, ensuring a soft and lightweight feel.
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia