Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
England, Scotland, Wales, Poland, South Africa, Spain, Germany, USA (Wyoming) and Hungary.
Does anyone have any experience of these rounds, specifically in 7x57 150gr but feedback from other calibers welcome! Thanks.

I used to use these for wild hogs, worked fine. 8mm Mauser. I did shoot one deer, it was a poor shot and good blood trail. Found her. Hope this helps.
IMG_5027.jpeg

Attachments

My wife uses Sellier and Bellot blue in a 7x57 and she has used them on plains game (Impala, Warthog and Wildebeest) and I have used them on Red Deer and Roe here in the UK in a 30-06.

We have no complaints, they are accurate and seem to work well.

I tried various types of factory ammunition in my previous 30-06 and these were by far the most accurate.

My only concern is that I have read that they do not reach the advertised velocities and I have seen some negative posts on a UK deer stalking forum, but we have no issues with them.

They are also very cheap, which probably makes people suspicious of them.

My wife uses Sellier and Bellot blue in a 7x57 and she has used them on plains game (Impala, Warthog and Wildebeest) and I have used them on Red Deer and Roe here in the UK in a 30-06.

We have no complaints, they are accurate and seem to work well.

I tried various types of factory ammunition in my previous 30-06 and these were by far the most accurate.

My only concern is that I have read that they do not reach the advertised velocities and I have seen some negative posts on a UK deer stalking forum, but we have no issues with them.

They are also very cheap, which probably makes people suspicious of them.
Thanks, this is useful. I am always weary of non-toxic as I have had mixed performances, so this is good to hear. Yes, I have read about them not achieving their stated velocity but my understanding is that was a bad batch several years ago which you could return.

Thanks, this is useful. I am always weary of non-toxic as I have had mixed performances, so this is good to hear. Yes, I have read about them not achieving their stated velocity but my understanding is that was a bad batch several years ago which you could return.
I should have added that my wife uses the 150gr 7x57.

Full disclosure, I work for S&B. The XRG Blue projectiles are indeed a Czech Barnes-style, tipped copper bullet typical of the category. It's one of my favorites in our line after using it extensively in Africa and America in 6.5 Creedmoor, 30-06 and 308 for just about all of the plains game and elk. As with most of the tough copper bullets on the market now, the weight retention and penetration are excellent so it's best to put them on an animal's shoulder to enhance/expedite the expansion. Guys who place them too far back on an animal and into soft areas will get pass-throughs with minimal upset and blood trail. (That's where complaints generally come from.) I still use the standard soft points for smaller game, but the XRG Blue is a great one bullet solution when mixed bags will be encountered.

Just to report back, 11 deer shot this weekend ranging from Fallow bucks to Muntjac with Sellier and bellot blue and I have no complaints. All the deer shot dropped like they were shot with lead core bullets.

I do have a question though @Tango - I noticed on all the fired brass, the primer is protruding about 1mm or so from the bottom of the case. On all the un-fired rounds they are level and flat. I am wondering whether its a pressure issue, as ive never had this before?

Just to report back, 11 deer shot this weekend ranging from Fallow bucks to Muntjac with Sellier and bellot blue and I have no complaints. All the deer shot dropped like they were shot with lead core bullets.

I do have a question though @Tango - I noticed on all the fired brass, the primer is protruding about 1mm or so from the bottom of the case. On all the un-fired rounds they are level and flat. I am wondering whether its a pressure issue, as ive never had this before?
Good to hear they worked well, thanks for the update. Sending a PM with my work contact email regarding the primers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FloyMoorin

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!