Self Assessing Gunfit

Kaco356

New member
Joined
Nov 4, 2024
Messages
10
Reaction score
7
I wanted to share something useful that I've done. I've been wanting to confirm my gun fit but have no real way other than a visit to the fitter. I decided to grab my tripod, cellphone and remote camera clicker (tripod/clicker, Amazon toys). I setup the cellphone with the tripod so that the camera lens was at eye level. I put the remote clicker under one of my toes and mounted the gun towards the cellphone camera lens while taking a picture by pressing my toe. I did this several times in a row and then went back through the photos to see how consistent I was. Well, I actually found that my fit was slightly off. I corrected it and went on to confirm the new settings. Now I'm more consistent in the mount and can confirm it by flipping through the last series of pictures...
 
That's a good idea. Practicing gun mount is one of the keys to becoming a better shooter in the field. When I'm gearing up for a hunt, I'll practice gun mounts and swinging over and over. Obviously it's also a good idea to hit the sporting clays range to get some live fire time as well.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,402
Messages
1,575,162
Members
170,226
Latest member
NickiOBrya
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top