Seeking reviews on flying Ethiopian Air

towserthemouser

AH senior member
Reaction score
Does anyone have reports on the quality and experience of flying Ethiopian Air?

Looking at Business Class seats, they are several thousand less than Delta and Qatar for our photographic safari to Kenya (flying ATL to NBO) next summer.

I flew with them in 2021 from New York to Addis to Namibia and back. New planes comfortable service I would use them again.

I have flown with them twice this year. Both in economy. I like the seats better than delta. I flew first class a few years ago and the food was good. The lay flat seats in first class are really nice for some sleep.

but what about flying them with guns????

but what about flying them with guns????
They’re OK with guns. The only drawback, and it’s more an annoyance than anything, is they’ll require reinspection of your guns when transiting Addis Ababa, even though you already did that when you checked in. They’ll take you down into baggage handling and you’ll have to show your gun to prove it matches your paperwork, inspect and count your ammo and it’s generally a hassle.

Ethiopian is not my first choice, especially when flying with guns. But, they’re better than some other options and generally one of the less expensive airlines. I’m sure I’ll fly them again someday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineWa

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]