Seeking reports/feedback on Cutting Edge Bullets .416 400gr Rifle Maximus

.416 400gr Rifle Maximus

They are marketing this bullet as the missing link between high BC bullets and trauma-inducing bullets. Sounds interesting.

Does anyone have real world experience to report with this bullet?
I would be very interested also.

I don't have any experience with the Maximus line, other than purchasing the 325 grain .416's.

I do have several 416 Ruger test rounds loaded with the 325 grain Maximus. I suspect it will perform very similar to the Hammer Bullets Stone Hammer (formerly the Shock Hammer) of equal weight. But, with a bit better BC than the Hammer.

I would be very interested also.

I don't have any experience with the Maximus line, other than purchasing the 325 grain .416's.

I do have several 416 Ruger test rounds loaded with the 325 grain Maximus. I suspect it will perform very similar to the Hammer Bullets Stone Hammer (formerly the Shock Hammer) of equal weight. But, with a bit better BC than the Hammer.
Yes, I think the 325gr Maximus is also interesting, might be helpful if you're trying to stretch out the range a bit for the 416.

I do think it's strange that CEB is marketing these bullets as a marriage of trauma and high BC, yet they don't actually specify the BC for either bullet weight on their website......

Yes, I think the 325gr Maximus is also interesting, might be helpful if you're trying to stretch out the range a bit for the 416.

I do think it's strange that CEB is marketing these bullets as a marriage of trauma and high BC, yet they don't actually specify the BC for either bullet weight on their website......
I have emailed and called them. They were always very helpful. They changed their website not too long ago. Quite a few things did not transfer over. And the recent actual shooting for BC's, I don't see posted. I believe I saw those of a facebook post. I don't recall the bullets that they recently BC'd, but I think they all slightly exceeded what they had for posted estimated bc's on prior website format.

As I am sure you are aware, they are very much into long range / extreme long range competition bullets also. They are definitely more into bullet tech than website format.
The older website use to have a terminal performance section of customer pictures and reports. As well as of their staff members which are hunters and shooters also.

I have some of their .416 & .458 solids. Test loaded only. But, very helpful folks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denholm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.