Second Trip Planning

Czip82

Reaction score
Planning our second hunting trip. The first trip was with Numzaan Safaris in the Limpopo Region, which we won through a live auction at Whitetails Unlimited. We completed this trip in April 2024. During that trip, our group of six took 19 trophies. My husband and I took Nyala, Golden/Blue Wildebeest, Black Impala, Zebra, and Blesbok. This time, we are looking for unique animals and have a high priority on getting the Gemsbok (Bush Ninja) and Warthog, which we missed last time due to heavy rains. We're also interested in Cape Buffalo, but it might take up most of our budget based on current outfitter prices.

We're searching Google forums for different regions and considering the Eastern Cape, Namibia, or other locations. We're looking for an outfitter with diverse land where we don't encounter fences frequently. We're planning a minimum 10-day trip and are interested in recording our visit this time. Optional fishing would be awesome; we had a great time tuna fishing in Simon's Town. This time it’s just my husband and me this time.

Any thoughts or input would be awesome. Eagerly awaiting our trophies!

Attachments

• 415d08dd-472c-427b-a992-08803ad24e23.jpeg
    415d08dd-472c-427b-a992-08803ad24e23.jpeg
    339.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 6b1c6601-814c-42fe-ae81-88502a647bed.jpeg
    6b1c6601-814c-42fe-ae81-88502a647bed.jpeg
    267.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0601.jpeg
    IMG_0601.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0820.jpeg
    IMG_0820.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 20
:S Welcome: to AH and great first post!

You should seriously consider Namibia. Lots of good sponsor outfitters (outfitters that sponsor and advertise on the site) around here from Namibia.

Currently watching YouTube for hunts in that area! Kudu are large and in Charge!

Currently watching YouTube for hunts in that area! Kudu are large and in Charge!
Yes lots of good Kudu, Gemsbok , Red Hartebeest, Zebra and more..... Namibia has fewer people, and great open areas. And you can get away to the coast for shark fishing from the beach. Namibia really has lots to offer.......

With you focus being Gemsbok and Warthog I'd suggest looking into the Kalahari area or Namibia since both are endemic to that area and as such produce some great trophies. You should be able to find an outfitter who can also offer some buffalo hunting. Other animals you might consider are Springbok, Hartebeest and if in Namibia Dik-Dik and Hartman's Zebra. You can also find some really good Kudu and Eland in those areas, with a tracking hunt for Eland being a lot of fun and very special

Awesome feedback. I really didn’t think of the Kalahari for hunting, Next on my YouTube search! Appreciate the feedback very much! This site is awesome!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CDGPaulina

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt