Scope on model 70

Can't help about being in a place where availability/shipping/import are difficult but there are several options for mounting one of the modern, short coupled scopes on a standard long action like a M70. The longer the scope's eye relief the easier it will be with a bonus of less likely potential "scope eyebrow".

I use a mix and match of dual dovetail mounts on the two I have. No matter the manufacturer, just have to use a Win M70 specific front and rear base combination. I would use some combination of M70 offset or extended bases along with one or two offset or extended rings. For a DG rifle, for obvious reasons, it's best to keep the loading port clear of obstructive bases, rings, etc. If all else fails, have a competent gunsmith make or modify a mount system that will work for the specific scope/rifle combination.
 
offset (extended) dovetail mount .png
Here's a front dovetail ring and base with some offset (extension) in the ring.
 
Try and get hold of some Leupold Dual Dovetail extension mounts/rings.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,305
Messages
1,572,275
Members
169,517
Latest member
JadaBridge
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top