Scope for Win70 in 375

Thought I'd add.....
Despite all the "entry level" comments - all very valid for those who made 'em - I find that the Leupold VX Freedom 1.5-4x20 is just fine, for _my_ purposes. For hunting here in very, very south FL, nothing more is needed. As I stated earlier, should I go out west or the north west for elk, maybe moose, I can do something else, carry two scopes, and use what the landscape dictates.

There's the matter of the Alaskan Model 70, chambered for the '06. Desiring use of the iron sights, and desiring to not fit another recoil pad, I thought maybe a Picatinny rail and some Talley QD rings would let me mount the scope a half inch further away from my eye. Talley's rail is too tall. By they way, they're real gems at Talley, answering email on a Sunday! (last week). So, I ordered and received an EGW rail. EGW swore up and down that the little canyon they carve in the middle of the rail would allow use of the irons. They were probably correct, but I won't ever know. The rail they sent had .860 spacing of the holes front and rear. They swore (again) that the rail was for my action. I've got .330 holes in the rear. I ended up sending the rail back, and ordered the same scope, rings and bases that are on the .375. Should be in right three days after the real Independence Day (July 2) :giggle:. I'll wait until the scope is mounted before considering to put a pad on that rifle as well. Reason being is that the Alaskan stock, even though the same LOP, is somewhat different in geometry. We'll see how that goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yuvbfsgf365

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Shaker Crew | Kids Sweatshirt
https://www.braveactiveco.com/products/knit-sweatshirt
Comfortable and premium quality Knit Sweatshirt. Our Knit Sweatshirt is crafted with our exquisite recycled fabric, ensuring a soft and lightweight feel.
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia