Fixfire

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
WACA, SCI, Centennial Farms Gun Club
Hunted
South Africa
Recently received the upsetting news that @TSALA HUNTING SAFARIS - a fantastic family owned and operated outfitter, as well as a long-time AH and SCI sponsor, has been put on the wait list for a booth at the upcoming SCI convention. They have regularly been booth attendees in the past.

Meeting with Brandon, Jo, et al in person is always a highlight, and is what convinced me to hunt Buffalo with Tsala in ‘24. What an epic adventure with truly exceptional people!! In the planning stages for ‘25/26 and beyond.

Perhaps the collective AH community can lobby the SCI powers-that-be to grant Tsala their deserving place at the January convention….

I think this is the first time that I've heard of an outfitter that has had a booth at SCI not being able to automatically renew for the next years show. Is there more information as to why this happened?

I don’t know, but I talked with a long time SCI OH vendor who did not last year. So it’s not unheard of.

I think this is the first time that I've heard of an outfitter that has had a booth at SCI not being able to automatically renew for the next years show. Is there more information as to why this happened?
Not really. Tsala prepaid for ‘25 immediately after the ‘24 show. Tsala even requested a double booth, but were informed they have been put on a waiting list - even for the prepaid single.
We need to support these smaller family owned and operated outfitters, otherwise the industry will be left to the safari mills.

Not really. Tsala prepaid for ‘25 immediately after the ‘24 show. Tsala even requested a double booth, but were informed they have been put on a waiting list - even for the prepaid single.
We need to support these smaller family owned and operated outfitters, otherwise the industry will be left to the safari mills.

There are certainly lots of small family owned safari companies like Tsala at the shows. I've been working with one for many years now. And I met the owner of Tsala via an AH member last year, he seems a good gent for sure.

In all of the years I've been at DSC and SCI working as an exhibitor, I've only seen once where an outfitter was not given the opportunity to renew for the following year unless there was some issue with the outfitter. That one exception, which I think was a mistake by DSC, happened to @KMG Hunting Safaris. Marius booked when outfitters were pulling back due to Covid, then he didn't get his spot the following year.

Normally we renew for the following year before the current show has even ended. This sounds like what Tsala did. I'd sure like to understand why SCI did not honor that. I'm not suggesting by the way that this had anything to do with Tsala just to be clear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juan Arroyo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on bobdahunter84's profile.