Safari Luggage by Orvis / Gokey

rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
Just got into my cedar closet and here are my duplicates. Travel in style with quality American made safari luggage.

Once upon a time, Gokey Leather was the finest luggage money could buy. So good in fact, that Orvis went from retailing private label Gokey luggage as their “Battenkill” line to eventually buying Gokey back in 1992. Unfortunately, with the Orvis acquisition, they shuttered the amazing Gokey Outfitters store in St. Paul, Minnesota and a part of American hunting tradition began to die.

All these pieces are the real, legit, guaranteed for life, American made, Battenkill luggage stuff. Not the cheesy recent stuff that was made a couple years ago by Boyt with the flimsy zippers and thinner cloth.

Real bridle leather. Real brass and copper rivets. Real American made zippers.

This is everything you need for a proper safari!

Battenkill roll aboard = $150
This is the bag you can either carry on or check. Has rolling wheels. I usually have my ammunition in its pelican case inside of this along with some soft gun slips that i use on the back of the cruiser.

Battenkill Magnum rolling duffel = $250
This is a monster! It has a bottom zipper compartment that can hold an aluminum or abs plastic case in it with your rifles if you wish, or it can hold fly rod tubes or folded clothes. The top section can hold anything including a woman or child. It ROLLS.

Battenkill Garment bag = $150
A nice bag to carry your clothing that is unstructured so you can use it as carry-on if you want.

Battenkill shave kit = $45
A generous sized dob kit to carry all your essentials.

Battenkill shooters bag = $175
This is the classic style with a central compartment that holds tons of stuff, side pockets are big enough to hold ear muffs or accessories. Lots of storage.

Battenkill leather carry on duffel = $200
My absolute favorite piece of luggage. I’ve carried one of these on every safari I’ve ever taken. They’re unstructured so you can sneak them into the airplane cabin. I’ve carried as much as 70lbs in mine. I carry all my clothes, the batteries, my detached optics, papers, and all other precious items as carry-on in this gem of a bag. etc.

Payment via some reasonable digital means: Paypal F&F, Venmo, Zelle, Chase Billpay.
Shipment will be via FedEx at a cost of $40 regardless of how many pieces assuming I can stuff one item into another.

And lastly, the SUPER DEAL: If you say “I’ll take them all” I’ll cover all the shipping and discount them to an even $900

You will not find these original Gokey era Orvis Battenkill luggage items for this price elsewhere.

IMG_0488.jpeg

Just an example photo of how I pack for a safari using this type of luggage. I’ve packed with this type of gear for every international hunt I’ve ever done.

IMG_0758.jpeg

Does the carry on duffel have a shoulder strap?

This is a monster! It has a bottom zipper compartment that can hold an aluminum or abs plastic case in it with your rifles if you wish, or it can hold fly rod tubes or folded clothes. The top section can hold anything including a woman or child. It ROLLS.

I will take it.
PM Sent

I will take it.
PM Sent
I really like mine! It's been in several countries with me.
@Mark A Ouellette you're going to love it!!

Battenkill roll aboard = $150
This is the bag you can either carry on or check. Has rolling wheels. I usually have my ammunition in its pelican case inside of this along with some soft gun slips that i use on the back of the cruiser.

I will take it. PM sent

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuigiMusse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available