Ruger RSM in 338 Win Mag?

Axle2010

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Did the RSM ever come in 338? I've seen one for sale but I thought they only came in 375 416 and 458's. Google says yes it did but then starts telling me about the Ruger Alaskan so that don't sound right. The rifle for sale does have the barrel band and the 'receiver to rear site base thingamabob' that I don't know what to call but the other RSM's I've seen have it. Anybody know for sure?

Did the RSM ever come in 338? I've seen one for sale but I thought they only came in 375 416 and 458's. Google says yes it did but then starts telling me about the Ruger Alaskan so that don't sound right. The rifle for sale does have the barrel band and the 'receiver to rear site base thingamabob' that I don't know what to call but the other RSM's I've seen have it. Anybody know for sure?

From Jerry Lee's Standard Catalog of Ruger Firearms (2014):

MODEL 77 EXPRESS MARK II
Introduced in 1992, the Express Mark II featured a select Circassian walnut straight
comb stock with 22 line-per-inch checkering. Barrel length is 22 inches with a v-notch
express-type rear and blade front sight. The receiver is milled for Ruger’s integral scope
mount bases. This model was chambered in .270 Win., 7mm Rem. Mag., .30-06, .300
Win. Mag. and .338 Win. Magnum. This model was in production until 2002.

There is also the more current (I think the 338 is still in production) Hawkeye African:

MODEL HM77R HAWKEYE AFRICAN
Chambered in .300 Win. Mag., .338 Win. Mag., 9.3x62mm, .375 Ruger or .416 Ruger.
Features include a checkered American walnut stock with ebony fore-end cap, barrel
band with sling swivel stud and a 23-inch barrel with express-style sights and muzzle
brake. Metal finish is satin blue. Approximate weight is 8 pounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m25chauffeur

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on bobdahunter84's profile.