Ruger RSM .416 Rigby

@Sanglier14

That is an excellent price for several reasons.

The scope and mounts alone cost $us1,000; those are not standard Ruger rings- I believe they are Recnagel base & rings.

The stock is either a full custom or someone had the factory stock highly modified.

The bolt and extractor seem to have been jeweled.

Someone spent a lot of money to make an American rifle look European; and I think it’s nicely done.

@Sanglier14

That is an excellent price for several reasons.

The scope and mounts alone cost $us1,000; those are not standard Ruger rings- I believe they are Recnagel base & rings.

The stock is either a full custom or someone had the factory stock highly modified.

The bolt and extractor seem to have been jeweled.

Someone spent a lot of money to make an American rifle look European; and I think it’s nicely done.
This is indead complete custome made and removable Recnagel mounts.

I sold my Ruger Safari Magnum in 458 Lott last year . I paid $2000 for it in 2003 and sold it for $4500. I used it on several trips to NT and it took 6 buff . No runners . A very nice rifle once I added 3/4 of an inch to stock and a Kickeez pad . My sense is a 416 Rigby might be more in demand than the 458 . What I am seeing from auctions is the prices of 416 Rigby in CZ550 Safari and RSM’s going through the roof .

I sold my Ruger Safari Magnum in 458 Lott last year . I paid $2000 for it in 2003 and sold it for $4500. I used it on several trips to NT and it took 6 buff . No runners . A very nice rifle once I added 3/4 of an inch to stock and a Kickeez pad . My sense is a 416 Rigby might be more in demand than the 458 . What I am seeing from auctions is the prices of 416 Rigby in CZ550 Safari and RSM’s going through the roof .
I'd agree that the 416 Rigby is likely the more popular choice in these rifles. More nostalgia, less recoil.

Mine is priced to sell quick $2600. I agree the value is above where I am priced.
@krish has an impressive battery of RSMs!
IMG_4623.jpeg

Bumping an old thread as I had a question:

Somewhere I saw a comment (cannot find it now) where someone lamented the Ruger RSM only held 2 rounds of .416 Rigby in the magwell making it a three shot gun.

Is that so? I assumed it was a 3+1 capacity?

I just ask as I'm trying to sell my 375 H&H RSM to get a .416 Rigby. My 375 holds 4 in the magwell and I assumed the Rigby would hold 3.

Somewhere I saw a comment (cannot find it now) where someone lamented the Ruger RSM only held 2 rounds of .416 Rigby in the magwell making it a three shot gun.

I just ask as I'm trying to sell my 375 H&H RSM to get a .416 Rigby. My 375 holds 4 in the magwell and I assumed the Rigby would hold 3.
Rigby RSM holds (3) in magazine

To answer your question, I loaded 416 Rigby rounds in Ruger RSM 416 Rigby. It takes 3 rounds in the magazine and I can close the bolt. No extra loading the chamber. If that info helps.
Krish

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DebraGriev

Latest profile posts

JG26Irish_2 wrote on WISafariHunter's profile.
About Lon's Elephant hunts w/Tokoloshe? I hear Lon is battling cancer? What is his long term prognosis? I am already booked to hunt Africa in 2024 2025. Might consider 2026 for another African hunt. I want to hunt a more wild open region devoid of civilization. Concern is the risk that I book f/2026 then find poor Lon has passed on? Does Lon have any assistance to carry on the business in his absence?
Life is Short live it how you want...
jgraco33 wrote on 85lc's profile.
Is your 22HP still available? If so have the original case?
tacklers wrote on ianevans's profile.
Hi Ian, I'm contemplating my first outing, leaving UK via Dubai to Africa, taking rifles as you did.

I presume it went okay for you, would you have done anything differently? Cheers, Richard East Sussex
A.A. wrote on Msprenger!'s profile.
Are you still looking for a 375 H&H?