Ruger M77 RSM 375 H&H

jsmcgregor

AH member
Joined
Jul 22, 2011
Messages
14
Reaction score
10
Media
7
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Africa/Canada/United States
Today is a great day! I am now the proud owner of a Ruger M77 MKII chambered in .375 H&H. I managed to find a brand new and still in the box for an unbeliveable low price of $1,100 dollars. The guy I got it from had three of the same model in 375 and and three in 416. Not exactly sure how he came about having them but I am sure he never checked on their relative worth. I tried to pick up a matching 416 but he had already promised them to others. I know this post doesn't lead into much of a discussion. I just wanted to brag a little about my good fortune.
 
Today is a great day! I am now the proud owner of a Ruger M77 MKII chambered in .375 H&H. I managed to find a brand new and still in the box for an unbeliveable low price of $1,100 dollars. The guy I got it from had three of the same model in 375 and and three in 416. Not exactly sure how he came about having them but I am sure he never checked on their relative worth. I tried to pick up a matching 416 but he had already promised them to others. I know this post doesn't lead into much of a discussion. I just wanted to brag a little about my good fortune.

:cool::thumb::whoo::beer::rockon::barmy:
 
Brag away, you got a fine rifle at a fine price...:thumb:
 
Well done, a very nice rifle for a factory item. A damn shame ruger dropped it. A new one in Oz, if you could find it would set you back about $3K.
 
I also have one and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Clover leaf at 100 yards with 300 grain handloads. I just added a RSM 458 Lott and I think this on may be the all time favorite. The biggest mistake Ruger ever did was to stop production on this rifle
 
Headed to the range this weekend to through a few bullets through it. I haven't decided if I'm going to put a scope on it or not. The from bead on the fixed site is a little hard to see. If I leave the scope off I think I will have to replace the front site. I have read a lot about stock cracks on this gun and folks recommend glass bedding to prevent it. Any recommendations on a good gunsmith will be appreciated.
 
We want pics.....We want pics......We want pics...
 
I just bought one myself in 375H&H. Mine was used but excellent condition at about 98% with louie 1.5-5 scope. Congrats on a heck of a deal!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,259
Messages
1,570,069
Members
168,830
Latest member
EulahBergm
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top