Ruger M77 Hawkeye 9.3x62 For Sale

The average deer hunter at least in my area doesn't have any idea what a 9.3 is, or a 404J for that matter.....and many others that are common calibers on this forum.
And that's why in my neck of the woods I quit calling it by it's proper name. I hate being asked the same question twice. Instead, I just refer to it as my .366 Bock

Talking with a guy at the range the other day and mentioned this caliber and that I had one. He practically swooned at the thought of such a huge caliber!
I just told him to think .35 Whelen, then he breathed a sigh of relief while mopping sweat off his brow!
LOL

The average deer hunter at least in my area doesn't have any idea what a 9.3 is, or a 404J for that matter.....and many others that are common calibers on this forum.
Also, ask the average deer hunter in your area if they know what a CRF action is? I've asked MY average elk hunters this question and they look at me like I'm from Mars. With the exception of a couple of Rugers in '06 and .338WM (not true CRFs), they and almost EVERY other elk hunter I've questioned in the area we hunt as to the rifle action their hunting with, have no clue what a CRF is? They are ALL hunting with push feeds. And now, it's the long range Creedmoors and similar with 50x scopes! We're a small fraction of a percent here on AH who know what a CRF is and/or MOST larger bore cartridges discussed here. Come up with a .375 Creedmoor PUSH FEED and they'll be all over it! LOL

Also, ask the average deer hunter in your area if they know what a CRF action is? I've asked MY average elk hunters this question and they look at me like I'm from Mars. With the exception of a couple of Rugers in '06 and .338WM (not true CRFs), they and almost EVERY other elk hunter I've questioned in the area we hunt as to the rifle action their hunting with, have no clue what a CRF is? They are ALL hunting with push feeds. And now, it's the long range Creedmoors and similar with 50x scopes! We're a small fraction of a percent here on AH who know what a CRF is and/or MOST larger bore cartridges discussed here. Come up with a .375 Creedmoor PUSH FEED and they'll be all over it! LOL
And there are some here who dont know what CRF is... true story.

Talking with a guy at the range the other day and mentioned this caliber and that I had one. He practically swooned at the thought of such a huge caliber!
I just told him to think .35 Whelen, then he breathed a sigh of relief while mopping sweat off his brow!
LOL
I'm surprised he knew what a .35 Whelen was? I've asked several of my elk hunting buddies, and they have heard of it, but don't know what it is.

CoElkHunter,
Why do you state that the Rugers in ‘06 and 338 WM aren’t true CRF? Not being contrary- I’m just looking to learn. My understanding is that the Rugers are CRF?

CoElkHunter,
Why do you state that the Rugers in ‘06 and 338 WM aren’t true CRF? Not being contrary- I’m just looking to learn. My understanding is that the Rugers are CRF?
Actually, the .338WM is probably CRF as it's a later 77 model with a synthetic stock. The '06s are the older tang safety models which apparently aren't true CRF actions because the bolt doesn't "capture" and feed the cartridge.

More specifically the early 77's that have a tang safety are all push feed, even though they have a long Mauser extractor.
Transition 77's were both push feed and CRF until they all became CRF. The major clue is the button ejector in the bolt face.

More specifically the early 77's that have a tang safety are all push feed, even though they have a long Mauser extractor.
Transition 77's were both push feed and CRF until they all became CRF. The major clue is the button ejector in the bolt face.
I have both and one day decided to try to have a feeding problem with my push feed '06. I put together a dummy round and tried every possible way to create a feeding problem including upside down. Nope, not a single problem to be had. From that I decided that my push feeder was an absolutely reliable rifle and over the years have taken truckloads of game without a problem, in fact I call that one "old reliable".

Yes, they are very good rifles, had loads of them myself, very reliable. Here is one thing you didnt try though.
Push a round into the chamber but do NOT turn the bolt down. Now pull the bolt back. The round will still be in the chamber whereas CRF will pull it back.
The Ruger extractor does not fully grab the round until the bolt is turned down and is fully closed.

Yes, they are very good rifles, had loads of them myself, very reliable. Here is one thing you didnt try though.
Push a round into the chamber but do NOT turn the bolt down. Now pull the bolt back. The round will still be in the chamber whereas CRF will pull it back.
The Ruger extractor does not fully grab the round until the bolt is turned down and is fully closed.
You are right and truthfully that's the only drawback with the pushfeeders. At any rate I like both, good reliable rifles.

not sure how putting a round into the chamber and then not closing the bolt handle has to do with a hunting situation or calling that a failure or a dangerous situation? That wouldnt be a fault of the rifle at that point...that would be a fault of the shooter. LOL!

ive owned both styles and they both do what they are supposed to do and thats function as well as the shooter can function and shoot as well as shooter can shoot. LOL!

not sure how putting a round into the chamber and then not closing the bolt handle has to do with a hunting situation or calling that a failure or a dangerous situation? That wouldnt be a fault of the rifle at that point...that would be a fault of the shooter. LOL!

ive owned both styles and they both do what they are supposed to do and thats function as well as the shooter can function and shoot as well as shooter can shoot. LOL!
Agree. I was just pointing out to Joker12 the one thing he hadnt done with his rifle that is a way to tell the difference between the two types of action.
We were not talking about in a hunting situation. LOL!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j88dance

Latest profile posts

gunslinger1971 wrote on Gray Fox's profile.
Do you still have the Browning 1895 and do you want to sell it? I'm might be interested. If so please let me know and do you have any pictures?

Steve in Missouri
Gunslinger1971@yahoo.com
Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.