Ruger .416 Rigby For Sale

That is the earlier model RSM with a 780 serial number prefix vs. the later 750 series. That sling swivel is not what I woukd call dovetailed. More of a floating sling swivel into a bit longer forearm than the later 750 series with the obvious barrel band sling mount. Mine was very accurate without a scope. Heavy gun, easy to shoot. Good solid rifle but definitely an early RSM.

That is the earlier model RSM with a 780 serial number prefix vs. the later 750 series. That sling swivel is not what I woukd call dovetailed. More of a floating sling swivel into a bit longer forearm than the later 750 series with the obvious barrel band sling mount. Mine was very accurate without a scope. Heavy gun, easy to shoot. Good solid rifle but definitely an early RSM.
@geoff rath , here is a possible better explanation.

I have a few 750 series with the band inside the stock. Few on the Barrel out side the stock. It don't look like Ruger made them in any order.
Krish

Geoff it may be my ignorance, but I am sure this is first or second year of the RSMs. All three of the calibers were constructed in this manner. You may have to talk to someone who has owned one and disassembled it to get a proper answer. @ActionBob or @AZDAVE can you help with the nomenclature on the assembly of this early RSM?
Thanks Mate; we don't see enough of them down Under ... I'll follow up ...

I have a few 750 series with the band inside the stock. Few on the Barrel out side the stock. It don't look like Ruger made them in any order.
Krish
Or didn’t keep serial numbers in order... which they were notorious for;)

But very interesting, I've never seen a 750 without a barrel band outside the stock.

AH-HA!! I've had a closer look at how William B set the front swivel stud up; clever bloke; wondering if he was the first to do it this way ...

Or didn’t keep serial numbers in order... which they were notorious for;)

But very interesting, I've never seen a 750 without a barrel band outside the stock.
Here you go. Some pictures. Both 750 and 780 with barrel band through the forearm of stock.
Krish.
20230917_155213.jpg
20230917_155200.jpg
20230917_155022.jpg

Attachments

• 20230917_155015.jpg
    20230917_155015.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 58
  • 20230917_155007.jpg
    20230917_155007.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 59
I really want this rifle bad. Just wish that it wasn’t such a pain to ship it to California. Otherwise it would be mine.

I really want this rifle bad. Just wish that it wasn’t such a pain to ship it to California. Otherwise it would be mine.
Shipping a rifle to Cali is not a problem. Any private citizen can ship a rifle to a Cali FFL.

An FFL shipping to a Cali FFL is also not a problem as long as the shipping FFL is registered with Cali.

48 years in Cali, a rifle like this isn’t a problem. Just ship Private person to Cali FFL.

Shipping a rifle to Cali is not a problem. Any private citizen can ship a rifle to a Cali FFL.

An FFL shipping to a Cali FFL is also not a problem as long as the shipping FFL is registered with Cali.

48 years in Cali, a rifle like this isn’t a problem. Just ship Private person to Cali FFL.

Sorry, as someone that has shipped a DR .470NE to California I disagree with your over simplification.

Please provide the OP with a Cali FFL that will accept a gun from private out of state seller; because I would love to see California do something so sensible.

There are only 2 FFL’s in Texas that will ship to Cali- because you not only have to register with Cali DOJ but also submit for approval that the firearm is a Cali legal firearm then ship.

The key is that the Cali Resident must purchase the firearm through a Cali FFL. The Seller can be either a private party of an FFL - but if the seller holds an FFL they must be registered with the state of Cali. Out of State Private Party Seller needs to ship the firearm to the Buyers Cali State FFL and is require to go through all regular purchasing requirements of the State (*waiting period, background checks, safety certification, etc.)

The purchase of a firearm from out of state is also subject to several laws around the type of gun (AR's, hi cap mags...and handguns need to be current on the DOJ list, etc.).

Otherwise, it's no biggie.

The 458 is a 750-
what I don't understand is when the Whole Profile, Barrel's, etc. changed.
416 Top 458 Bottom.
1695393040251.png

Nice 416 .. It will sell.

I am surprised it is not sold yet. Is money getting that tight. Or is it because of Thanks giving and Christmas.
Krish

Another member and I are figuring out how to get it into California short of me smuggling it in in the back of a Bronco

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosSpin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg