RSA to be placed on “Do Not Travel” list??

Thanks highstepper for the relative clarification.

By your explanation then I/we (all of us planning on traveling) need to insure we get is the rt PCR test
Correct, especially for international travel and travel to Hawaii. And shop around- these shouldn’t cost hundreds of dollars in the US. I will have hard copies and electronic copies of my test in hand when I depart for Africa in a couple of months. Even though I’ve been vaccinated. Vaccination counts for nothing under the current guidelines- although I expect that will began to change sooner rather than later.

Seems I've found the answer to my own questions. I found this online-

"Good news for travellers departing South Africa from OR Tambo is that they can get Covid- 19 PCR-tested and collect their certificate at the airport prior to departure. National Health Laboratory Service (www.nhls.ac.za/) is operating three mobile test units in clearly identifiable vans located opposite the InterContinental Hotel, in front of the Police Station, on the lower level of the airport complex. The service is available 24/7 according to Port Health Services, at a cost of R600 (€33.16) – cash, cheque cards and credit cards are accepted, except American Express. Children under five years do not require a test. Results are available in four to six hours and the traveller is advised by SMS that the test result and certificate are ready for collection. After testing, travellers can wait for the SMS at the airport or nearby, collect the certificate, and proceed to fly, or the test may be done a day or two prior to departure if preferred, and the certificate collected on the day of departure."

This is not entirely true
You need a pcr test to fly and u cant get results for that in 4-6 hours
I have been there myself and asked them
Pcr results take about 24 hours sonif u not overnighting in jhb before departure this is not an option

Haven't left yet.....heading out May 23rd. The hunting lodge says they make sure we get a test before returning. A new responsibility for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mymobilityscooters3360

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia